need some help/adviice on h-pipe

jream

mods, DAMN peer pressure!
Established Member
need some help/advice on h-pipe

hey all...
my wife has a 94 GT and her car started making a crazy rattle can sound. i climbed under and it is coming from the stock h pipe, somewhere around the fwd cat. so i'm assuming something broke inside the pipe / cat.

it has stock headers, stock h pipe...

so i assume i'm just going to replace the h-pipe. is there any disadvantage to going to one of the off road brands? anything else i'll need to do to the car w/ tuning or o2 sensors... or is it just a straight swap?

i see that bbk has them for about $189... seems like the going price. any brands worth looking at or they all fairly close?

thanks for any/all advice!

Last edited:

spike_africa

Established Member
A mid pipe is a mid pipe. Brand does not matter at all. Don't forget to check craigslist as being in Orlando you will have a lot of good used choices that will save you money. Be sure to soak the stock bolts holding the mid pipe on in penatrating lube over night or you will most likely break the manifold studs off. Trust me, soak those suckers and wait it out a few hours. If that stock pipe has never been off, it will be rusted on really good. PB Blaster is tested to be the best at soaking in and getting stuck bolts out. I would do that.

Users who are viewing this thread