Need some estimate help on a 90 LX I might buy

Beerdog80

Crazy Oklahoman
Established Member
Found this 90 LX close to me and it looks real clean but the owner want's 7000 for it.

Quick run down:

Allegedly a 306 w/ GT40 heads, E303 cam, 94 Cobra upper/lower, LT's a rebuilt T5 and 3.55 gears. No AC but the compressor is in place and he has the rest of the parts to put it back in.

Supposedly no wrecks on record. No receipts for anything as current owner bought it a year ago from the guy who built it.

Haven't seen it in person yet but what would you folks think this set up would be worth. I've got the 7k but I think it's excessively priced (unless I'm wrong).

blue11.jpg

blue5.gif

blue4.gif

blue3.gif

blue2.gif

blue1.gif

Last edited:

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
I'd say closer to $4500. How many miles? How is the body underneath and behind the panels? I've seen 93 Cobra's selling for $7k and they have a pedigree. Or real nice Notchs for that money

Somebody please don't get butt hurt. I'm not saying thats all a 93 Cobra is worth, just saying you can find a driver for that.

Last edited:

crouton

Crunchy Cube
Established Member
Cons:
Engine bay looks like a dogs breakfast. Core support is a different color. Dumped exhaust (matter of opinion but I have had it before). Still a 4 lug judging by the rims? Black trim is meh. I also never believe any rebuilt component or internal component upgrades unless there are invoices to prove. Also not all black interior.

Pros:
Seems straight... Any filler evidence? Doesn't appear to be hacked up. New windshield, Decent paint, and I love LX's.

Overall IMO a nice car, but I believe 7k is excessive

Beerdog80

Crazy Oklahoman
Established Member
Have not pulled the VIN yet but he said 56k. I'd eye that with a skeptical eye until I was able inspect it personally.

I havent seen it personally yet but I wanted to get a few opinions first as if its as clean as advertised, Id like to pick it up at the right price. I was thinking 4500 as well, especially considering the AC bit. No telling if it will need everything redone or what. I havent seen sirmilar cars go for much more than this recently.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
$5k. If he wants more, walk. Hell be keeping it for a long time.

AC reinstall shouldnt be that bad, couple hours at most to reinstall the lines/condensor/evaporators/etc then $100 or whatnot to get it recharged at a shop (you wont be able to use the home brew replacement can method since theres no vacuum in the system since it was cracked open, plus youll have moisture in there anyways if you do so).

you guys lowballing are forgetting cars like this are harder and harder to come by in clean and mostly unmolested form. While I dont think its worth $7k unless it was bone ****ing stock, drove perfect and had 50k or less on the clock, I dont think its a $3500 car either. Looks relatively clean from the pics. Reminds me of when people buy a $2500 2g DSM and wonder why its a pos........yet I buy a $5k one and it does 40k commuting miles until I killed it myself from owner error.

You get what you pay for.

Beerdog80

Crazy Oklahoman
Established Member
I would let the shop handle the AC bit. Don't keep R12 around the house. :) $4500-5000 is what I'm thinking unless I find something wrong with it, then I'm walking no matter what. Not dealing with another persons headache.

The interior is gray and black but the seats are out of a late 90's SN95. I would swap them with black S197 leathers anyway since I like those better.

Users who are viewing this thread