Need some centri blower advice

96S/Cobra

Established Member
For those of you who have experience with centri blowers, is there any advantage/disadvantage in choosing a vortech over a procharger, or procharger over a vortech?

I have never owned a car with a centri blower, or rode in a car with one for that matter, but I am in dire need to upgrade my car, and I feel this would be the next practical step.

A little background on my car as it is now.....96 cobra (currently with a 1.5L KB @10psi), eagle rods, Mahle ceramic coated forged pistons (8.8:1 cr), SHM blower cams, Comp Cams high lift beehive valve springs, BBK LT's, O/R H-pipe, Magnaflow cat back, and water/meth injection. Those are most of the major engine mods, and my car is driven 99% on the street, it's hardly ever taken to the track.

Anyways, I would like to step up to maybe a T-trim, or even a procharger (not sure which one is best for my application). Looking on Vortech's site, they make passenger side or driver side mount, reverse rotation, etc....so which one would I need to get? I know I can call them direct, but I thought I would ask some opinions for those of you with experience with the centri blowers. Any and all info is greatly appreciated!!

Also, just out of curiosity, how much rwhp/tq could be made with a vortech/procharger, and at what psi level would it take (I want to run the car strictly on pump gas 93 octane)

Last edited:

Helomech74

Established Member
Personally I would run a Procharger as they are self contained (no separate oil feed line or drain to run). Procharger's also come with front mount intercoolers (different types available.) Personally for your car, I would go with a D1SC Procharger at a minimum. I would also run the 3 core intercooler (preferably the sheetmetal race intercooler.) I am about to swap an F1 series Procharger into my car (replacing the little P1). The F series blowers have a different internal gear set up, they make boost quicker, and are more efficient then the smaller blowers as well.

JAILBAIT

Currently under pressure
Established Member
Personally I would run a Procharger as they are self contained (no separate oil feed line or drain to run). Procharger's also come with front mount intercoolers (different types available.) Personally for your car, I would go with a D1SC Procharger at a minimum. I would also run the 3 core intercooler (preferably the sheetmetal race intercooler.) I am about to swap an F1 series Procharger into my car (replacing the little P1). The F series blowers have a different internal gear set up, they make boost quicker, and are more efficient then the smaller blowers as well.

Hit the nail on the head with that response. :thumbsup:

The F1 has the same physical dimensions yes. It will fit in all the same brackets a P1 and D1 fit in. When running the F1 however you will need to modify the inlet tube just a small bit as the inlet snout is just a touch longer.

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
You mentioned that you already have a P1 in your car, as well. Are you just swapping the head unit, or are you installing the entire F1 Kit with a different kind of belt routing and bracketry?

Helomech74

Established Member
The F1 bolts into the P1 brackets with no issues. I'm not changing anything other then swapping to an 8 rib setup. Other then that, it's still going to be the same. I already have the 3 core sheetmetal intercooler, and I have the big red race valve as well, so the rest of the kit is pretty much done. Just need to install the F1 blower and get it retuned.

LOVESBOOST

Established Member
if I were goin procharger I would would use the F series. although I am not a big fan of procharger, I think its a great kit. Vortechs are a nice setup as well. But I think the F1 gets the nod from me

96S/Cobra

Established Member
Thanks for the info guys, I really do appreciate it.

BTW...Helomech74, thanks for the seat extenders, wow what a difference, I can now kind of fit in my car...kind of lol!

Users who are viewing this thread