need some bench racing opinions, My 76 MM turbo cobra vs a stock Mclaren MP4-12c

younggun04

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Hey Guys,

I could potentially line up a race with a guy I know that has a 2012 MP4-12c in town. My car is a stock motor 04 cobra hellion T76 thru a magnum. Car made 740/754 on 18.5 PSI with pump plus meth on a dynojet 3 years ago with no changes since. I have never had a chance to take it to the track except once with my turbo but i did run 10.98 @ 129 on my old 2.3 whipple. I can drive and on the one and only time I had it at the track with my turbo I went 11.6 @ 132 no 2 step with a passenger side manifold gasket blown making about probably 11 PSI. Car was a dog off the line and didn't want to make boost at all with the leak so its hard to tell what it would do now but it makes a hard 18.5. I know I make more power but as anyone with a turbo'ed stock motor stick cobra would agree they have a brutal power band LOL. What do you guys think? seen a few stock MP4's go about 10.50's at 134-6. my car would be about that i'm guessing but probably around the 137-139 Mph mark as a few buddys with close to the same setups have ran about that at our DA. Race would be from a Roll since we have no good digs spots and quite frankly I bet you that car would be lethal off the line being rear engine. I think he would still have me since the car aero is light years ahead to say the least.

Thoughts? has anyone had an encounter with this car before?

Jmurrz

Established Member
I would expect you to take the win on that one. That is a huge difference in trap speed, that makes a big difference on the street from a roll. Good Luck, and make sure to get a video!

younggun04

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
Thanks guys, I will try to get it on video. I just going to put in a new K member so once that's done I am going to try and line it up!

b_dike

Established Member
Cobra from a roll/ McLaren from a dig...

There MUST be a video of said race!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread