Need Some Advice

laxx232mb

Seller
Established Member
Im looking to buy a 96-98 Cobra. I should be able to get around 4k for my car and will hopefully have around 10k when I get the car. About how much should I expect to pay for a 96-98 Cobra with like 50-75k miles. Also is there anything that i should know about any of the years( any recalls, problems)??

Thanks

Matt

MustangMitch

Banned
I think the 97 's are the preferred years? I remember sumthing about this a little while ago explaining some of the problems. Good luck with your search man. Theres some great cars on this site for sale.

Black96SVT

Dont Give Up
Established Member
some 96 Cobra's have heating problems.. I know mine did and I had to fix it :(

for that mileage look for around 10-12k I would think. They seem to go for that in NJ at least

Black96SVT

Dont Give Up
Established Member
MustangMitch said:
I think the 97 's are the preferred years? I remember sumthing about this a little while ago explaining some of the problems. Good luck with your search man. Theres some great cars on this site for sale.
maybe 98 bc of their IMRC plates being plastic or some sort.. different then the 96/7

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
And the 98's having a different exhaust setup and fuel system. I would take a 96/97 over a 98 anyday. But the 98's do have BAB

Mechanic

I am a Honky
Established Member
Yeah the 98 has a wierd fuel setup. Subtle differences in the 98 are clock pod and console. They have a different computer tune and no strut tower brace so the JLT intake goes right in. The intake is slightly different with the plastic intake manifold runner control plates that are supposed to flow better and transmit less heat to the upper that has two bolts less than the 96/97. I dont think one particular year is any better than the other in any real terms but then again I maybe wrong.

bvysochin

Established Member
Also, Ford changed the type of leather they use from 96 to 97.. 97 feels more vinyl like, and is much softer but seems to "wear/come off" if that makes sense. I prefer 97-98 seats WAY over the 96.. The 96 and earlier seem to dry out and get REALLY hard..

Users who are viewing this thread