Need some advice...

FranticFocus05

Established Member
As of right now I have a stock automatic 04GT and I now have some money laying around... my ideas...

-First a K&N filter tomorrow.
-40 series flowmasters.
-Possably some nice tips just cause I can.
-4.10 gears, although if it is a daily driver will this affect performance in traffic I thought I remembered someone saying that.
-A chip, but I dont know what one to get so if anyone has one they like please share.

Its my moms daily drive that I drive half the time and will be run at the track whenever possable. Dont want or need to be putting down killer times yet just something to start off with, does this all sound good? :shrug:

fuelonempty

حمدالله على نعمة العقل...
Established Member
A K&N filter is pretty much a waste of money because your going to get a cold air intake anyway..

if your going to do exhaust get magneflow, they just sound amazing on these cars...

I think a cold air intake would be your best bet, or do gears..

gtg

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
Magnaflow IMO sounds awful. Flows sound a lot better. Borla's sound even better though. Just more expensive. I agree with the getting the Cold Air kit instead of the K&N. Since you have an Auto, get 3.73's.

I say get these things..
-3.73's
-Offroad mid pipe - weld in flows or borlas
-Cold air kit
-Underdrive pulleys

2ndtime04

Eff em and feed em fish!!
Established Member
Go with the 4.10s. The 04s are stock with 3.27, 3.73's wont feel much different. I know i thought it was too much gear too, but its awesome.

Smokeurhonda

Established Member
NO NO NO....On the automatics you want the 4.10's because they don't have the same trans gears ratio's as the 5-speed and there is more drivetrain loss. You need that extra gear to help you get goin. In an automatic 4.10's are the way to go enless you do hella highway driving. The gears actually help in city driving and can improve gas milage. They decrease highway milage because your reving at a higher rpm. IMOP You need cat-back(I have magnaflow and it sounds wicked with my bassani X) mid-pipe, Cold-air and and the gears. That should be a good starting point for you.

Users who are viewing this thread