need some advice...

jream

mods, DAMN peer pressure!
Established Member
long story short, got a ticket for 51 in a 30.

no way was i going that fast, but its what the ticket says.

ticket says failure to obey traffic signal, so it's lesser fine.

question is...

the speed limit sign i passed before i was clocked is spray painted or drawn over the numbers... looks like 50 or a reverse 60 if you can picture something like that.... but really can't tell what it says. looks like it was originally 30.

is this anything worth a crap on going to court over? really didnt know what the limit was because of the sign...

thx

jream

Established Member
no i was doing about 40-44. its a back road and there is crap on the road so i dont drive it fast cause crap flies up and beats the car. its an old junk road in the sticks, surrounded by horse farms and swamp land...

didn't see the sign until next day...

but thanks for playing.

Last edited:

00streetfighter

Established Member
In my state (CA) there specific speed limits for each kind of road. Example, residential is 25, highway 55, freeway 65-70, ect.. When you take your license test you are required to know which is which.. So regardless what the damaged signs says you should know. But this may vary state to state

jream

Established Member
In my state (CA) there specific speed limits for each kind of road. Example, residential is 25, highway 55, freeway 65-70, ect.. When you take your license test you are required to know which is which.. So regardless what the damaged signs says you should know. But this may vary state to state

yea i think its the same thing here...
30 i believe is residental here... but swamp land, cows pastures and gun ranges in my mind don't equate to residential! lol

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
no i was doing about 40-44. its a back road and there is crap on the road so i dont drive it fast cause crap flies up and beats the car. its an old junk road in the sticks, surrounded by horse farms and swamp land...

didn't see the sign until next day...

but thanks for playing.

no there was a wreck on the main road and just went the route my gps said was easiest around...

The red highlights indicate that you have driven this road before.

MTBSully

Established Member
I don't know why people bother posting in this forum. I have never seen one good thread where LEO's or anyone else for that matter offered any sort of useful advice. Instead they poke holes where there probably wouldn't be holes and say "Well, you broke the law obviously, time to pay up"

Take it to court OP. I have had stuff thrown out for more ridiculous loopholes.

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
He gave you a ticket that carries no points, I would be inclined to pay that rather than go in and risk some reassessment.

Users who are viewing this thread