Need some advice

5.0_SD

Established Member
Reposting here as this is the more correct forum for it...

Ok, today I went to tire kingdom to get a rotation, check pressures, etc. They tell me that my right front is starting to separate from the belt, the right rear has a nail in it but not enough tread to repair it and the damn tires aren't even a year old and have 16,500 miles on them. I have not been to the track and I have not driven to aggressively...WTF!
I need to check, but I can't believe these awesome (sarcasm) P-zero's have no warranty (according to tire kingdom) and they are already giving up the ghost.
So, I come here asking for advice on what to do...almost all of us want to mod, so I need your opinions on what you would do if you were me.

I have the 19" brembo wheels, I was always thinking that I would eventually replace those wheels to get away from 19's. The car is not lowered, but that was one of the things that I was going to do eventually. I would have to dip into a savings that I really didn't want to touch if I'm going for new wheels and tires (I want wider)...if I have to I have to.

Should I...
1. Just get replacement tires and of course not P-zero's (and maybe go to 275's).
2. Get some 18's and some crappy tires.
3. Get some 18's and good tires.
Now with option 2 and 3, remember, I'm not lowered, so if choosing one of those options, just get tires with giant sidewalls to fill the gap?
4. Get some 18's, good/decent tires, MCS coilovers from Vorshlag.
5. Pretty much empty my savings and go balls out on what's in option 4 plus do all the rest of the stuff for suspension (sort of can't since BMR is not done with the Watts yet and I would like very much to go almost all BMR other than c/o's and c/c plates.

Sorry for such a long post but I wanted to cover as many bases as I can think of. If there is other suggestions/options that I haven't listed, please feel free to suggest.

KBBoss302

Established Member
You could also buy some wider 19s like Ford racing offers (19x9.5 GT500s or 19x10 Boss 302S) and run them at all four corners with 285/35/19 tires. They will fit front and rear and clear your Brembos.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
I would get replacement tires for now. You can pick up a set of decent summer tires for under $900 total, that will last for at least the same miles as the P Zeros. The P Zeros absolutely suck.

Also, summer tires don't typically come with a mileage warranty, and it wouldn't be worth the time and effort to pursue a manufacturer's defect on the separated tire.

I suggest some Hankook Ventus V12s or Continental ExtremeContact DW for replacements.

5.0_SD

Established Member
I currently have 255/40/19...will 275/40/19 work?...I have no drop or any suspension stuff yet. I figure as long as I have to replace the stock tire, might as well throw the max amount of tire possible there..and I have decided for now to just get the tires since I just did my taxes and I owe a sh*t-ton to the damn irs...Conti ExtremeContact DW sounds like the winner to me.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread