need some advice, should we go or not...

bbp42d

shakin not stirred
Established Member
me and a few of the boys here at our dealership are thinking about going to new orleans to help for a week or so. now looking at the news, how would you help? no access at all. wait a week or 2 maybe. we have a couple of f250 and 350 truck we can take and a corprate credit card as well. my fear is all disese(sp) that will be spreading around soon if not already. what antibiotics would we need? (adam where are you :-D ) or would it be a waste of time and let the people who do this handle it.

crew_dawg16

Established Member
Well, a couple shots of penicillin would boost your immune systems against normal diseases. I say if you want to go and try to help, contact the national guard first and make sure that they will even let you in there. It is marshall law right now in New Orleans and everyone has been ordered to evacuate due to rising water levels.

DKS2814V

Moderately Modified
Established Member
This is going to be hard to handle if you've never done something like that before... There will be fire ants floating in the water, on roof tops, and they'll always win. Mosquitos aplenty too. I'm going to bet you'll see some stomach churning stuff.

The water is going to be toxic or at a minimum, very unhealthy. There will be no food or water (NO shut down their water due to water main breakage.) and there will be sewage/trash EVERYWHERE.

I would suggest against it for atleast a few more days until some of the water subsides, but its always nice to have someone volunteer like yourself. Props to ya man.

bbp42d

shakin not stirred
Established Member
crew_dawg16 said:
Well, a couple shots of penicillin would boost your immune systems against normal diseases. I say if you want to go and try to help, contact the national guard first and make sure that they will even let you in there. It is marshall law right now in New Orleans and everyone has been ordered to evacuate due to rising water levels.

i hate shots :D i know it is a little crazy to tjhink this, but when i saw my kids off to school, i think theses kids over there would rather be in school now.

bbp42d

shakin not stirred
Established Member
DKS2814V said:
This is going to be hard to handle if you've never done something like that before... There will be fire ants floating in the water, on roof tops, and they'll always win. Mosquitos aplenty too. I'm going to bet you'll see some stomach churning stuff.

The water is going to be toxic or at a minimum, very unhealthy. There will be no food or water (NO shut down their water due to water main breakage.) and there will be sewage/trash EVERYWHERE.

I would suggest against it for atleast a few more days until some of the water subsides, but its always nice to have someone volunteer like yourself. Props to ya man.

well we were thinking about next week around teus or wed. we were going to take a box van and load the damn thing down with water and dry food.

btw thanks. not for the adults, the kids there are damn near defenseless.

Users who are viewing this thread