Need some advice on a new build setup.

svo/svt

Established Member
So to bring you up to speed I have a cobra with a bad engine. I just bought an mmr 5.0 striker used from a friend equipped with a vortec sc / accufab tb/ stock maf with mafia extender / bbk longtubes and Ford 42ln injectors with kb boostapump. Engine was in a Mach 1. The car made 536 hp and 546 tq at 14 psi running out of fuel and maf. My cobra is stock with the exception of fore return fuel setup big maf and magnaflow exhaust with off road x pipe.
I plain on bolting my eaton on and rocking it. I'll run my big maf with the mafia extender and my fuel system.
Now my question is I need help getting the most power out of this setup by getting a smaller pulley but I'm not sure what size and should I ditch the 42 lb injectors of will my fore fuel system make them go further the his 255 single pump with a kb bootapump?

cobracide

Established Member
Stick a 2.76 upper on and you are good on a stock Eaton. For more, port the Eaton and go 2.90 upper/ 4# lower. You will then be better off with 60s.

svo/svt

Established Member
Forgot to mention I have a home port job on the blower. What brand of injectors would you recommend. Do you think my eaton will make the same power as the vortec.

svo/svt

Established Member
Well I copied my port job from a (how to) forum on this site. It helped quit a bit a raised my boost to 12 psi even with the stock pulley

Users who are viewing this thread