Need some advice from you guys!

OH3BLKSVT

Screwed by the twins
Established Member
So I got out of the Coast Guard about a year and a half ago and civilian life is not as good as I thought. I thought military life was miserable and etc etc etc. the typical 23 year old thoughts. I have a son 4 years old and am single with a fiancé not baby's mom. I won custody! Well I have been looking for a good job and am falling short and want to provide for my family as mich as possible. im loving check yo check and this is not how i visioned civilian life. everything out here doesn't seem as important IMO. I can go back in and want to go AF but can't die to a full sleeve tattoo (dumb) so I am looking at the Army. But my issue is my fiancé s not to keen on the idea of me going into the military and moving around etc etc i dont want to loose her she has stuck through with me going through a divorce and having a child. Part of me says going i to the military will be so beneficial for both of us and would be so worth it and if she isn't willing to stay with me so I can succeed on life the. Why even let her hold me back. What do you guys think I should do?

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
As a single parent you better have a plan for watching the toddler. Get used to the heart break in their eyes (and your heart) when you deploy months at a time.

If it is just for money, don't do it. If your fiance is good the way things are then you don't have to keep up with the Jones'. Sell the car, live closer to work, cut out some of the things you like and make those sacrifices for your kid.

Last edited by a moderator:

OH3BLKSVT

Screwed by the twins
Established Member
Well just found out today that the Coast Guard is pretty much capped for this fiscal year :-/ so I'm leaning more towards the Army. At least I can keep E-4.

OH3BLKSVT

Screwed by the twins
Established Member
Yes I have my application in but I tried something that might disqualify me. So we shall see.

slow2002gt

Detective Kia
Established Member
I think you should listen to your fiance but thats just me if shes willing to stick with you now through your problems shes a keeper.

Why not go through school and get BAH ?

JetmechF16

Under Pressure
Established Member
Premium Member
Top Shelf Gentlemen
If moving around is going to be bad for you and the fiance, go talk to an Army National Guard recruiter. In the Guard (I'm ANG) we have many full-time positions and outside of deployments you are at your base for good. I Palace Chased from active duty AF back in '05 and wish I had talked to a Guard recruiter before I enlisted. I've been full-time Guard since then (mix of civil-service technician and title-10 activated).

Users who are viewing this thread