Need Some Advice-Fellow Forum Member Owes Me Money

DocB

Established Member
I am not going to call anyone out (yet) or mention any names, but I have been sitting patiently on this for a long time and just wanted to get some feedback and advice from you all on what you think I could rationally do to collect some money that is owed to me.
I would like to resolve this in a respectable and gentlemanly like manner to which I am accustomed to in all the dealings I have had with other car guys and Mustang owners. I still believe a Man's word is his honor.

A fellow member on here has owed me $4000 for over a year now on a deal.
Although we have been in contact, he usually doesn't return my emails or phone calls in a timely fashion. When he does, he says that as soon as he gets the money, he will pay me.
Additionaly, he has raced the Trans-Am series all last year. And we all know what it costs to race.

I have not seen a dime yet, I'm getting a little pissed off, and I need the money to fix my car.

What would you do if you were in my shoes now to collect the money?

This is a serious matter to me so only legally (sort-of) means and advice, please. Also, I would prefer not to involve the legal court system. Not yet, anyway.

Thanks in advance for your advice,

Bruno.....

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Honestly a year is more than enough time to pay back 4k. You need to put him on blast here and show him that you are serious. It's time to quit being the nice guy. I understand everyone wants to be friends with everyone but if someone owes you this kind of money its time.

blkGT500nCA

Established Member
Let SVTP have their way with him. They have a funny way of getting people to do the right thing.

Edit: Like TBCobra said, a year is enough time to pay back a 4k debt. He's taking advantage.

Double Edit: 4K? How'd that happen? Power adder or motor, I assume..

Last edited:

FIVEHOE

Established Member
So I'm assuming this is a "friend" of yours? I hope you would know this person well enough to lend them 4k. If its been a year then I think its time to put them on blast. And post up why the person "needed" the 4k and why you lent it to them

musclefan21

Established Member
Before you call the guy out. Talk to him in a serious fashion and tell him you want the money right away or else you will take legal action, call him out, etc. give him one last, but serious warning and see what he says. If he says I will pay u when I can, then fire away all the ammo u got. Establish a deadline, like 2 weeks, a month.

MystiChrome Coupe

Established Member
So I'm assuming this is a "friend" of yours? I hope you would know this person well enough to lend them 4k. If its been a year then I think its time to put them on blast. And post up why the person "needed" the 4k and why you lent it to them

I read it more as a "deal" as he said than a loan, IMO. Either way a year seems a more than gracious time to expect payment unless worked out otherwise.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Neither a borrower nor a lender be; For loan oft loses both itself and friend, and borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry. This above all: to thine own self be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man.

Curtain falls followed by applause.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Are you saying you sold on credit something that cost 4k to someone you only knew from forums and not someone you know in real life??? You need to provide additional details on how this situation came to be.

Woody6799

Established Member
Agreed, additional detail needed. How long of a friend? Why did you loan it in the first place? What is his reason, if any, for not ponying up yet? Can you take back what you sold? Could you go to court here and now and prove he owes you?

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Can I borrow 4 grand?

Good luck getting a guy to pay you 4k, a year later, without getting the authorities/legal system involved.

It's clear he is trying to sweep it under the rug and make you eat the 4k.

Sick03Vert

Banned
I think the reason for the vague details is so nobody puts 2 + 2 together and figures out who exactly OP is thinking of calling out. I get that.

However, if someone owed me $4k and told me I'd have it back in two weeks, then at exactly 11:59pm the last day of the second week I'd be knocking on someone's door. Then again, I'm a shitty lender because I want my money back when agreed, no excuses.

Guess that's why I don't loan money very often.

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
I would recommend messaging the forum moderators before you do anything else. They'll try to help you out.

Users who are viewing this thread