Need some advice asap

DEADLYSVT03

Established Member
Ok here's the deal. i am in the new market for a vehicle. my 3 choices are and 03-03 cobra , 96-98 cobra, or a late model lightning.

my father has an 03 and love it, but then again i am not sure i want to buy a car i know i am enetually going to get down the road ( the car is an 03 and has 5k miles on it )

then i love the body styl of the 96-98's but it is hard to find a low milaged unabused car.

then there are the lightnings. i absolutley love then. i just had a few questions on them. are they easy to mod like and 03-04. also, is 500hp at the wheels doable in these trucks or is that pushing it. i'd want the truck to run low 12's consistently.

any help would be very appreciated.

thanks in advance
steve

CHIZ

GeoMetros worse nightmare
Established Member
500hp....you might make one trip down the strip. There have been a couple guys making that type of power, but it's going to take a new blower, injectors, maf, pumps, etc... to run low 12's consistantly you'll probably still need the stuff i mentioned above and some slicks and t/b's.

chiz

Spunkie202

Established Member
sure you can do it.....how long do you want to keep the stock block before you blow it all over the track????????? weak rods...id say 450 is the limit if you want to keep the truck for at least a couple years

Users who are viewing this thread