need size of gatorback belt for L pulley!

46stang

Established Member
I need the belt size! i have the gatorback belt on it all ready but i think it may be slipping? at 6000+ rpms my boost drops from 12+ down to 10psi on the stock guage! I don't remember it doing this when i first installed it! It looks as though i can put one size smaller belt in there! so i thought i would try that! any help is greatly appreciated as I will be going to the track on sunday and i want it running it's best!
Leon

SonicMike

Established Member
The belt size is 74.5 inches
The part number is 4080745
Autozone has them for $27.95
This is for the 2.93 inch or stock Lightning size pulley, also works well with the 2.80 pulley.

Mike

46stang

Established Member
Thanks sonic mike:) That helps a bunch!!!:thumbsup: I'll go get one tommorrow!
Leon
P.S. do you happen to know the part number for the 74 inch belt?

mjchip

Just Some Guy
Established Member
Originally posted by 46stang
Thanks sonic mike:) That helps a bunch!!!:thumbsup: I'll go get one tommorrow!
Leon
P.S. do you happen to know the part number for the 74 inch belt?

Cheers,

Mark

jtfx6552

Established Member
Leon,
Are you saying you had a gatorback replacement for the stock belt and you think it was slipping with the 2.93 pulley, or were you confirmimg that you had the 74.5" gatorback that everyone else is running with the 2.93 and you still think it was slipping?

BTW, the Gates number is K080745. Rick at Amazon recommended the Gates to me, although I couldn't find one. I have the 4080745 Gatorback on now and I have a Dayco backup in the trunk (I forget what their part number is, to lazy to go get it out of the trunk).

JT

46stang

Established Member
yea i have the 74.5 inch belt on it right now.(2.93 pulley) but when i did the pulley swap i got a little coolant on it so?? I went to a couple local parts places and no one has the belt! so i guess i will just shift at 6000rpm at the track tommorow! it still pulls hard above 6000 but the boost guage slowly:??: drops down to 10 psi. does anyone else have this problem?? I think this may have been why my car didn't go lean on the top end on the dyno. it still pulled 11-1 A/F. i think everyone elses car got lean? do you think i need the boost bypass jdm is selling?? if anyone else notices this on there pullied car please let me know!!
I will figure it out and keep you guys posted!
Leon

Users who are viewing this thread