need serious help and advise(gt500)

aqil

Established Member
i love gt500 but do you guys think its sensible to import it to india no american ford here , given the reputation of gt500 it is a problamatic car many owners face problem at very early miles, do u think a gt500 will not cause many problem and i should import it or will it and i should go for something else(if i buy it i will upgrade the gears grinding or no grinding, thats 1 problem solved), pls put urself in my shoes and think like a guy importing gt500 to a place where there is no ford company so no warranty pls do help it will be really helpful as am a noob regarding engines and cars:??::shrug:

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
The question is, can you afford to maintain a car with no dealer network and import the required parts to maintain it properly? Are there competent shops there that can do the work with legit parts? Where in India?

If you have the money to import a GT500 to India, I suspect you don't really need a warranty. I'd just wonder if there is a competent shop around to do even the most basic work.

bossnova3

Established Member
I'm asuming that either you have enough money like others had said to pay for repairs if something did happen, or you're enough of a mechanic to repair it yourself. According to what you wrote "being a noob" I'm assuming is the first thing "wealthy"... If that's the case do it, believe money fixes everything specially cars. jejejejeje

aqil

Established Member
i wont be paying the import tax got contacts getting it under travel thingy so only 5% tax :d there are some mustangs in india and 1 of my friend even told me that mustangs can be repaired and serviced here there is porsche rols royce and every big company in india ford is also here but not the american ford so i guess some1 will be capable enuf to repair there is also a tunner shop here who claims to be capable enuf to work on stangs and claims has worked on 67stang my problem is not being a very patient boy i wont be able to tollerate many problems with gt500 i love gt500 so much that i cant get myself 2 buy any other car all am asking is will a gt500 cause problem every 10k miles or r they just not that common

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Meh, I don't think you should get one and by that I mean no, I don't think your dad should buy you one. It won't break down in stock form but I suspect you will once the novelty wears off. Sounds like your parents are buying you something (a car) to address an issue (pretty hard drug use) to get you to stop instead of really addressing the issue.

Nice ninja edit above....

Last edited:

aqil

Established Member
ok thanks a lot for all the help...yes i have a friend who is a tech head he is doing mechanical engnring from london so i guess it ll work out but i also like the feel of being a guy know can work on an engine himself any ideas where i can learn about gt500 engine any website?

acobra03

Established Member
I not sure where you hearing about the gt500 being problematic! In stock form it's a extremely reliable performance vehicle. Once you start modifying, like any car, you will run into problems if you don't have a good tuner. If you like the car, go for it. Changing the rear gear isn't going to do a thing for the grinding problem some guys talk about on this site when shifting from 1st to
2nd gear. I have a slightly modified 09 that has been down the track 10+ times and gets driven pretty hard on the street when I take it out. I have no issues whatsoever shifting and can break the tires loose at 60mph in 3rd gear. It's a blast to drive and gets tons of thumbs up from people on the street.

kleistang

Established Member
just get tools, and when you need to get something done, browse this site for how to do it. or ask, im sure there is plenty of knowledge here to tear down a gt500 completely and put it back together

sky1

Established Member
I did not know the GT500 was problamatic.Hell, I would drive my GT500 from one coast to the other and not even think twice about it.Get a high end foreign car or motorcycle,and you will find out they have alot more problems.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
To agree with the others here, yes....the Shelby in stock form is very reliable. I was talking about the modding and tuning aspects of our hobby, as he may have difficulty there.

aqil

Established Member
thanks a lot guys ur comments were really helpful, @unleashedbeast little thinkgs like throttle body upgrade , pulley upgrade and a free flow wont cause much problems i guess rest i want it stock and some1 let me know what causes the 1-2 shift problem as i ll get it upgraded thanks again u guys are helpfull

Users who are viewing this thread