Need sct help

chvybeatsford

Established Member
Well got my email tunes in and they are not running correctly..

Main question.. only answer i need. First time user of SCT handled . X3. At this time i never loaded anything to it it was unlocked and unmarried.

So i loaded my tunes to it . Removed my KB tune chip and Plugged SCT into OBD2 port. Went to load custom tune option and picked my first tune.. Hit accept and followed all on screen.. During that time it looked as if it was loaded two tunes . Had two loading Screens.. After that and loading the 2end tune it only had one load screen.

So what i need to do..
Bring ECM to stock so i can put MY Kb chip back in so i can make the Cruiz we planned for tomorrow.

1.Am i safe to say that it was loading onto the SCT the Stock tune? No where did it say it was doing that..

2.Hitting the return to stock is what i need to do?

watman02

Established Member
its been a long time but from what i remember yes you first have to down load factory tune to x3 then you can load your custom tune to car.

chvybeatsford

Established Member
its been a long time but from what i remember yes you first have to down load factory tune to x3 then you can load your custom tune to car.

Thanks. But didn't see any option to do that. That's why I loaded first tune

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

watman02

Established Member
i dont remember it asking to do it. i think it just did it. then loadd ur tune after.
so if you fallowed it through ur new tune should be in there

Radar Doc

Established Member
When you load your first custom tune, the stock tune will automatically be transferred to the SCT Tuner. Then, your custom tune will transfer to the car's computer. That's probably why you saw two "loading screens".

And yes, to put the stock tune back in the car, simply hit return to stock.

Once you've returned to stock, I recommend updating your SCT tuner on the SCT website, as well as contacting your tuner.

Hope this helps.

Mike

chvybeatsford

Established Member
When you load your first custom tune, the stock tune will automatically be transferred to the SCT Tuner. Then, your custom tune will transfer to the car's computer. That's probably why you saw two "loading screens".

And yes, to put the stock tune back in the car, simply hit return to stock.

Once you've returned to stock, I recommend updating your SCT tuner on the SCT website, as well as contacting your tuner.

Hope this helps.

Mike

Thanks.. that was what worried me.. didn't wanna hit return to stock if it wouldn't be stock and install KB chip on top of tune.

I've already updated the software as off a week ago. Made sure all was ready before ordering tune.

Thanks again.. so hopefully once I get back home a return to stock and the KB chip will get me running again for tomorrow.

chvybeatsford

Established Member
This is gonna suck. Return to stock left me with 4 unlocks left. And devise now says unmarried. Will this happen ever time I return to stock? And what happens when out of unlocks?

Any way to avoid this. ?

Radar Doc

Established Member
You're OK. Each time you use the tuner on a different VIN, it uses one of the "unlocks". You shouldn't use up your unlocks while tuning on the same VIN.

The tuner is unmarried because you just returned to stock, so the tuner is no longer married to the car. The next time you load a tune with your tuner, it will become married to your vehicle again (with your stock tune uploaded to the tuner).

chvybeatsford

Established Member
You're OK. Each time you use the tuner on a different VIN, it uses one of the "unlocks". You shouldn't use up your unlocks while tuning on the same VIN.

The tuner is unmarried because you just returned to stock, so the tuner is no longer married to the car. The next time you load a tune with your tuner, it will become married to your vehicle again (with your stock tune uploaded to the tuner).

So if I have to return to stock again.. I won't lose a unlock because same vin..? Cause only way to drive car is with the KB chip. And that requires stock every time.

Radar Doc

Established Member
You shouldn't use up the unlocks tuning on the same car. If you lose another unlock the next time you return to stock, I'd call the folks you bought your tuner from, or SCT.

chvybeatsford

Established Member
You shouldn't use up the unlocks tuning on the same car. If you lose another unlock the next time you return to stock, I'd call the folks you bought your tuner from, or SCT.

Brand new in box. From a friend who got it when he ordered the roush kit. He had already had a x3 so sold me this one @200. Again never used or even plugged in. After I get a revision on the tune and go back to it I'll test the unlock again if the revision doesn't pan out.

Users who are viewing this thread