Need recommendation on tires

bobbyj

Established Member
I purchased new rims recently and need tires that will fit them. There's a lot of choices out there. Was wondering what tires you guys like and the best bang for the $$, also if there's some good deals that any of you know about. The rims I purchased are 19x9.5. Thanks for everyone's input!

CobraHuck

Established Member
^How do you like those? I've always loved the way they look, but when I was reading reviews, I read quite a few that said they're hard as a rock and have no grip...

saleen homer

Established Member
I was referring to following the crown of the road. They pulled bad on roads that were not smooth. I thought it was the car and took it in for an alignment. It quit once I changed the tires

03svtcobracoupe

Established Member
^How do you like those? I've always loved the way they look, but when I was reading reviews, I read quite a few that said they're hard as a rock and have no grip...

Well they are no drag radial but I've got 5k on them and they look brand new. The tread pattern is nice. They ride very smooth on my 03. Great in the rain. And hook better then any street tire I've had that isn't a drag radial. I plenty of hp and can floor it towards the end of 2nd with no problems even in this cold weather

Sent from my DROID RAZR

bobbyj

Established Member
i appreciate all the advice guys, i need tires within two weeks. trying to find the best bang for the buck. its my daily driver so tread life is important but traction is also important. i know i cant have both. but out of all the above do any of those have a happy medium?

Ratchet

Established Member
I personally like the Nitto Invos... some people love em, some people say the suck and don't hook for shit. Well, I have them on my 587Rwhp Cobra and I could get them to hook ok and cut numerous 1.8x 60' times on them as well. They corner great, are good in the rain and from what I could tell they wear pretty good to. I just bought another set for my CS... just don't have them on there yet. :beer:

Dave5.0

Established Member
For a 180 A A rated tire, I sure as hell hope they are. Hopefully your car isn't your DD, which I assume it isn't being supercharged.

I DD it in the summer. The tune on the blower is very easy and with the RE-11s I get full traction upon 2nd gear.

I don't mind them lasting only 10K miles.

BADBOSS

Established Member
Just switched to INVO's

Just put new Invo's on a few weeks back. They are much better than the stock Pirelli's in the cold. It hasn't been real warm yet in Reno so I haven't tested them hot. Night and day improvement for highway driving too so far,:banana: and reasonably priced too.

Users who are viewing this thread