Need recommendation for cold air intake.

Jens03GT

Established Member
I am about to buy a cold air intake. Before I do I woulod like to gt your opinions on what would be the best buy. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks.:)

03cobrablack

Where is the KABOOM ????
Established Member
I have heard good things about Pauls High performance as well. Steada just started making one for the 2v motors as well a buddy of mine just orderd one hasnt put it on yet though.

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
I haven't heard of any problems with the fenderwell mounted systems on the 2V motor. Several of the '03 Cobras had idle/stalling issues with systems that have 90 degree bends in the tubing (hence all the people using the open filter in the engine bay, some with shields, some not). I would say Densecharger, MAC or one of the other "filter in the fender" systems will give you the best gains.

GoatDaddy

I had a MAC fenderwell on my 92 5.0, and it seemed to breathe a little better than with stock, but other than that I couldn't tell the diff. BUT, the pretty stainless steel tube got VERY hot while driving, so that might've negated any "coldness" in the air flow. Black plastic might not get so hot, but doesn't look as good either IMO.
Welcome back, BTW.

StangD281

Established Member
I had a full length DenseCharger on my GT....made great power, kept the charge cool, but leaned the car out due to the bend before the MAF. Cheap looking piece, but very effective.

My buddy has the Steeda CAI on his, which looks good, makes a cool sucking sound, and can be used as a ram-air at the track with the headlight pulled. Pricey piece, though....

NeedaCobra

Master of the Obvious
Established Member
Not sure w/ the newer Mustangs, but as for gears, don't go any higher than 3.73s if your car is a 5 speed, and don't go any higher than 4.10s if your car is an automatic. A 2 valver doesn't need as much low end as the pre-03 Cobras do. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread