Need reccomendation for a DD

SVT Pille

Established Member
Hi all, need a little help deciding on a short term daily driver. I'm transferring to Naples Italy sometime in March and I'm in the process of selling my Terminator. I need some recommendations on a good daily driver for under $5,000 to last me 'till then. I plan on selling whatever car I have right before I leave and buying a bike or something once I get settled in overseas, just need something to last me until then.

I don't want to be driving around a complete sh*tbox for the next 6 months, or something that's going to make people think I'm on my way to the local soup kitchen. I've looked at SVT Focuses and Contours, 4 cylinder rangers, etc. I'm trying to find something reliable and good on gas so I can drive home to Connecticut from D.C. more often before I leave.

CodyK7

Uh Ohhh
Established Member
I feel like this is pretty basic..... Honda Civic or Accord. Reliable and you'll be able to sell it for what you bought. Just check your local craigslist.

loadchris

Established Member
Im running a 97 Ranger 4cyl, absolutely no balls. No balls but gets the job done and very cheap on gas/maintenance. 137k miles and still tough as nails. Picked her up with 131k miles for $3800

Can't go wrong with either of the suggestions above either. Good Luck

mooch29

Low n' Slow
Established Member
I looked for an svt focus for a while. Just bought a 99 Subaru 2.5rs. Heard nothing but good things other than the crap head gaskets Subaru used. Got it for under 5 grand :thumbsup:

They're just hard to find lol. Cant go wrong with a civic tho, and you can find a clean one some old man drove around for cheap too. Good luck Joe!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread