Need quick help with rear subframe bushings

Shepp1691

Established Member
So while my IRS was out of my car I purchased Prothane subframe bushings. Well not knowing I needed the housings, I had to use a chisel to remove them. The housings are now ruined and I am not finding them anywhere. Does anyone have any help for me? Cant find the bushing housing anywhere. Car had been down a week and Im getting very fed up with working on it. Thanks for the help.

Shepp1691

Established Member
Ya i have a few of his parts, really i just need a stock housing, but of course no longer available anywhere

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Good question. I would figure you need to press out the sleeves as well, this is how its done on most cars when going prothane/poly bushings. Usually the new OD of the bushing matches the ID of the hole where the bushing is going into. Never heard of reusing/keeping the sleeve intact. Every sleeve on my Spyder got pressed out and discarded. I found torching the bushings until they catch fire and melt themselves was easiest, followed by sawzalling through the sleeve then air chizeling it out. Got down to around 5min a bushing before I was done.

Users who are viewing this thread