Need Quick Help. Plz

sk8r4life2112

Established Member
Allright guys so i found an 01 svt cobra with 56k miles on it. MT''s on the back, with a year old centerforce dual friction clutch. The dudes selling it for bout 9500 there were only a few problems that i spotted when i visited it. He suspects either the starter or alternator was bad which caused it not to start (which is a pretty easy fix since i work at an auto parts place ). Another problem was the fuel rail had the fitting stripped which i need to get a new one, and the last problem was in cai tubing had a hole in it.

My questions is, for the fuel rail do you need to replace both of them or can you only replace one?

Thanks-Mike

01yellercobra

Established Member
Did the owner say anything about running nitrous on it? Between the hole in the CAI and stripped fitting I would think he did. As for the rails, I'm not sure if you can replace just one. I think the hose that runs between them is pressed on and may not be removable. Although you might be able to replace it with some fuel injection hose from the parts store.

Slow mustang :(
Established Member
The fuel rails come as a set from Ford.

You cannot get them separeately.

See my Cobra swap sig to see pics of how the fuel rails come.

sk8r4life2112

Established Member
My friends know the kid apparently, and yes he did spray the car..

and how much do you think the rails would cost, and the difficulty in replacing them?

Last edited:

01yellercobra

Established Member
How big is the hole? I just don't want to see you get a car that blows up a week after you buy it. Can you jump start it?

There's a gentleman on here named Steve Tousley. PM him about the rails.

sk8r4life2112

Established Member
iight cool thanks for the number.

With the kid spraying what could i really be encountering down the line? They said he might have screwed up one of the syncros but he said he got them fixed.

01yellercobra

Established Member
iight cool thanks for the number.

With the kid spraying what could i really be encountering down the line? They said he might have screwed up one of the syncros but he said he got them fixed.

I would at the very least do a compression test on the motor. A leakdown might be a really good idea. And make sure you hear it run before buying it.

NXSVTCOBRA

a low mileaged cobra that mysteriously doesn't start, has obviously had nitrous put through it by someone not much of a genius to the point they stripped out the schrader valve and being sold for $9,500?

dec322

Established Member
a low mileaged cobra that mysteriously doesn't start, has obviously had nitrous put through it by someone not much of a genius to the point they stripped out the schrader valve and being sold for $9,500?

Agreed.

I'd be scared of this one. I guess the question is, What do you want to do with the cobra? Race? Daily Drive?

sk8r4life2112

Established Member
what im going to try to do is see if we can try to get it started tomorrow with pretty much the basic things with a new battery since it is looks to be brand new and should still have a warrenty. So take it back to wherever he bought it, and get a new one then see if it starts up. If indeed it did start up then i was already looking for a compression tester to make sure everything was to be in proper order. But all in all if the car wont start, then I'm not going for that one.

sk8r4life2112

Established Member
well i went to go work on the car today, with a few quarts of oil, dry gas, jb weld and i took off the alternator and the battery. i went to the auto parts store and got a brand new battery, and they tested the alternator and the dude says it was at 15amps. went back to the car put in the new battery and alternator and jb welded the fuel rail hole just so it could maintain the pressure. when we went to turn it on, the car gave us one click, so im hoping its just the starter thats giving us the problem. other then that i was thinking maybe a fuel related issue if its not the starter...but im not too sure.

mustangman36578

Established Member
if you are still interested in that one try taping on the starter with a hammer then starting it.

+1 on staying away from that one though. it seems kind of shady and its a pretty low price.

sk8r4life2112

Established Member
if you are still interested in that one try taping on the starter with a hammer then starting it.

+1 on staying away from that one though. it seems kind of shady and its a pretty low price.

yea, im just giving up on that pos. right now with just the stuff off of the top of my head its gonna cost me around 2500 dollars to get it to running condition. So i just said F*** it. Lol

where are you

Im in lake worth, Fl

NXSVTCOBRA

yea, im just giving up on that pos. right now with just the stuff off of the top of my head its gonna cost me around 2500 dollars to get it to running condition. So i just said F*** it. Lol

Im in lake worth, Fl

Ok, I know there are several for sale in Miami area if you don't mind the drive.

Users who are viewing this thread