Need price help. 2004 cobra 6,000 miles stock. black

MG0h3

Established Member
And gasyone just bought one with half the miles of this black one, 6 months ago for 28k.

yep, saw that.

Having a low mile one would be super sweet, but paying the premium for me wouldn't be worth it since I knew I would mod it and drive it.

I went the exact opposite route and found a car with 14k in receipts from AED in the 6 months prior to purchasing and I paid 21k @75k

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
yep, saw that.

Having a low mile one would be super sweet, but paying the premium for me wouldn't be worth it since I knew I would mod it and drive it.

I went the exact opposite route and found a car with 14k in receipts from AED in the 6 months prior to purchasing and I paid 21k @75k

I here you. I have a hard time not modding, and knew it was just a matter of time. Mine will likely hit 30k miles this year. That's me putting on 10k miles in 7 years I've owned it.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
Damn it guys. Looking at pulling the trigger in a Cali dustop for mine. Do to dust obviously I wouldn't put it on dirty. I also want one because my oldest daughter likes to get close to it in the garage.

image.jpeg

All the cool kids are doing it

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Good find as a comparison. Black one has to go for a decent amount less.

I hear you, but I'm not so sure. Even though that car is MC it is also a VERT. We "ALL" know the Verts are not as popular as the Coupes. So, I think the black COUPE could go for just as much as a MC VERT....... (in this case)...

Pmbrown

Established Member
Couldn't agree more^ I'm surprised people dislike black over verts.. Wouldnt have guessed that

NY03SonicConv.

Established Member
i've got a little bit of a different outlook on this point... jmo of course -

there is another thread about a car that has like 400 miles and it looks like it has just come off the showroom floor. like literally - has all of the cues that show it has never been tampered with at all. some guys in that thread say the same thing, why buy a car with low miles if you're not going to drive it.

but as someone pointed out in that thread - and its kind of like real estate lol - they are not making any more of it. so to find a car that is just like what you could have bought new... imo it's better to have one like that so you know exactly where you are starting.

i am a firm believer in driving cars - the more miles, the more smiles - but to be able to essentially buy at brand new showroom car like that and then mod it up the way you want is definitely something worth paying a very hefty premium for.
This is exactly what I was thinking as I searched for my car. With the rep for making big power easily and getting beat on, l searched for a "clean slate". Like I said before OP, if your planning on keeping it, 28+ for a mint coupe is not unreasonable. You can do the mods you want to make it your car with the knowledge that you aren't going to spend more money to undo or fix stuff previously done to it.

dom418

Established Member
I'll chime in. I paid $26k for a bone stock 04 black Coupe with 2600 miles, dark inserts a few years ago. I sold it in 2014 for $27k with 4500 miles.

Prices have come up since then so I'd say $29k in today's market. And yes color absolutely plays a role in price. I paid north of $30k for the SB Coupe I have now. SB, CO and MC command a premium of a few grand extra.

MG0h3

Established Member
Well the MC vert that Bdubbs linked stopped at @27k

Id say the black one shouldn't go over 26k then.

Fred'S'nake

Also a hobbyist and scholar.
Established Member
So here's my 2 cents. Mine is an 03 anni. Paid $22955.00 with 18180 miles. Love the car, but I think you should be careful. I have found evidence the car had mods that were stripped out. That is something I expected. If it was immaculate, in the garage, with maybe a little less miles I would say you should be ok. I daily drive mine. I didn't really care one way or the other, it is a great street machine. I have been slowly replacing everything I don't feel comfortable with. Black is the worst for dirt, but the best for overall street appearance. Black somehow outlines the car in a special way on the street, anyway, its the hardest to keep up. I washed mine everyday for the first 5 yrs I had it. Now not quite as much. I would say get it for what you can, but I would pay that for one with that low mileage. Just a thought. Do your research on that car first.

Jason G76

SVT build
Established Member
I don't understand why SVTP members low ball the price of these cars and base it on color. The fact that it only has 6K miles, is unmolested and is in great condition should matter MORE than color.

Bdubbs you should be ecstatic that the dealership is asking $50K for a RF.

Yes, color does play a role, but the overall price should be based on mileage and condition. Just because it's black should not deduct $2k (and a lot of people love black, it's just a PITA to keep up with).

My vote is 30K all day long and strong!!!!!!

Agree 100
I like a black cobra, but I like DSG better I also like silver but when looking at a termi I'm mostly concerned with mi and condition when determining what I'm gonna pay for it

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

hotcobra03

Established Member
Black here..

Strange most are black..yet everyone wants the other colors..

We will repaint when we park it..

jbou91

Established Member
Everyone saying black looks like ass is just trying to make themselves feel better, black is indeed the best color.

unbiased opinion :p

04termi black beast

Established Member
And here i am apparently alone thinking black is the best/meanest looking color for a terminator. On my DD- No black is tough to keep clean. But for a garage queen it shines all the time and looks pretty damn intimidating.
Black is the most beautiful color for this terminators, then sonic blue lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using the svtperformance.com mobile app

5.0 guy

Established Member
I have five blk cars and yes they are lots work but when a black car is clean no other color looks better imo.

Users who are viewing this thread