Need pinout. Steering wheel/column.

BUCKET

Established Member
Anyone got this for the '13... Need to find the wiring for the radio and OK button for the steering wheel
Thanks

Last edited:

KonaFifty

Established Member
are you installing a premium wheel or something? just wondering. i wanna swap my wheel too...

hopony

Established Member
Anyone got this for the '13... Need to find the wiring for the radio and OK button for the steering wheel
Thanks

If you are trying to grab it in the steering column it is probably multiplexed and they use the same wire. Download instructions for metra or PAC steering wheel interface. That should tell you what wire you need.

BUCKET

Established Member
No plan is to wire the "OK" button as a activation button. Just need to tap the wire

Last edited:

hopony

Established Member
No plan is to wire the "OK" button as a activation button. Just need to tap the wire

What radio do you have? Sync, Nav, Shaker etc

If you have a fax I can send you the diagram

With nav the steering control wires are White/Violet - and Blue/Orange + and they run from clock spring to audio Control Module pin 16 and 17
Without Nav they are same colors but are located from clock spring to accesory protocol Interface Module Which is on the right side of dash pin 14 and 15.

The buttons work by a multiplex signal so you will need some kind of interface to make this work. Each switch has a resistor on it so voltage will change by which switch you press on steering wheel.

Last edited:

BUCKET

Established Member
Well. Have the sync and no fax. But it the "ok" and hang up button on steering wheel use a resistor voltage then that may not work.

hopony

Established Member
May look for that interface and hook up and read voltage coming from it for button I want.

Becareful what you hook up to it. I have no idea what the maxium amps the circuit can take. Even triggering a 200 mA relay could damage the drive in the radio. Parts they use to make them are above my pay grade. I am sure someone makes a solid state driver that can trigger it for you, but I don't have any idea who.

BUCKET

Established Member
Well so much for using the "OK" button as a trigger until I can lock down the correct way to wire it. Hmmmmmm

Users who are viewing this thread