NEED PICS/opinions!! 0f tan racing seats in 99+ cobra

torquemonster

Established Member
My '99 cobra has tan interior so im trying to figure out if i should put in black racing seats or tan racing seats? I need your opinions!! And if anyone has pics of either black or tan racing seats in a tan interior cobra/gt 99+ please post, thanks!
What you think...black or tan?:shrug: (harnesses will be black, and steering wheel will be black)..seat delete will match color of seats...

CobraKalas

Established Member
im not one for the tan seats, but someone posted pics of 03 seats with tan suede opposed to grey i personally didnt like it, but u could do something like that?

torquemonster

Established Member
1999CobraR said:
im not one for the tan seats, but someone posted pics of 03 seats with tan suede opposed to grey i personally didnt like it, but u could do something like that?
Ya i thought of that after seeing them in a o3..but i think ill stick to all one color though, thanks:beer:

Thanks, keep the votes comin!

More pics are in the link, and No i dont have these wheels now! (i get asked that too much)...http://s37.photobucket.com/albums/e56/jart1/?start=#imgAnch9

Last edited:

WyoTechMSA

Rampage Skeet Hen
Established Member
God man I loved your Cobra SOOOO much. How did you like those JEGs seats and if you dont mind me asking how much were they?

torquemonster

Established Member
Those tan jegs seats look pretty good....Does anyone have pics of black seats w/ tan interior? Recaros perhaps? post up....thanks guys

RioRed4v

Established Member
they werent bad. the only complaint i had is that the plastic pieces on the headrest where the harness is supposed to go through, those pieces came apart. i used an epoxy to put them back together and after that i had no issues with them. i personally thought they were pretty comfortable and i had no issues taking road trips in them.

viperbluelx

Sexton's Performance
Established Member
RioRed4v said:
they werent bad. the only complaint i had is that the plastic pieces on the headrest where the harness is supposed to go through, those pieces came apart. i used an epoxy to put them back together and after that i had no issues with them. i personally thought they were pretty comfortable and i had no issues taking road trips in them.

what was involved in getting the seats mounted in the car?

RioRed4v

Established Member
i've heard the sparco brackets work good. the universal ones i had from jegs didnt work. i ended up just using the stock seat brackets though so i could retain the power seat. 3 of the 4 holes lined up fine, for the last hole i need to make an adapter plate since the holes didnt line up.

2dRed

Established Member
The tan is growing on me, I would keep it and get those JEGS seats. Nice COBRA by the way!

Last edited:

torquemonster

Established Member
Tabres said:
You might want to check out this company - http://customracingseats.com/

I have no first hand experience with them but they seem pretty nice and custom upholstery is also available.

Thanks, ill look into that, they have good pricing too. This is too hard of a deciscion.
What do you guys think of black seats w/ tan inserts?...should i go black, tan, or black & tan? ahhh (pic is out of older cobra btw)
black-saddle.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread