Need Parts got jacked

dutchboy1

Established Member
Car was stolen and recoved but when it was found the people were in the middle of stripping it. Cant make claim on insurance as they want to total car. All that was recoved was the complete car minus tranny and the engine was sitting beside it. The engine was missing the blower, timing cover and all the accessories and harnesses. So all I have is the long block with valve covers basically. Im guessing they needed my car to do a swap I dunno, but this sucks. My buddy gave me a blower minus lower and he has a few other basic parts but I need the rest.
So what I need is:
Timing cover and Accessories
Lower blower manifold with injectors and everything attached
Transmission
Shifter
Ecu
Harnesses
Hopefully this is all I need, ill update add as I get parts or figure out what else I need. If I can come up with a new motor and tranny all ready together than Ill just do that, but money is tight, so the price will have to be right... Just let me know, thanks in advance....
Text if need be 817-723-5584

dutchboy1

Established Member
I appreciate your help, I'm looking for stock parts as that's the best chance I have at getting back on the road..

stagedz

Cobra Convert
Established Member
Dang man that's horrible to hear...why don't you let insurance total it and then just buy it back...they will just take the buyback out of the proceeds?

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
Then it becomes a salvage title car and if he ever wants to sell it has to try and explain why, we all know people get weird about salvage titles. But man that is truly disappointing to hear, the things people do now days is freaking ridiculous. I hope you can find everything you need to get it going again, best of luck!

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Let the insurance total it and then buy it back. Use the left over money to replace the shit you need to.

Car was stolen and recoved but when it was found the people were in the middle of stripping it. Cant make claim on insurance as they want to total car. All that was recoved was the complete car minus tranny and the engine was sitting beside it. The engine was missing the blower, timing cover and all the accessories and harnesses. So all I have is the long block with valve covers basically. Im guessing they needed my car to do a swap I dunno, but this sucks. My buddy gave me a blower minus lower and he has a few other basic parts but I need the rest.
So what I need is:
Timing cover and Accessories
Lower blower manifold with injectors and everything attached
Transmission
Shifter
Ecu
Harnesses
Hopefully this is all I need, ill update add as I get parts or figure out what else I need. If I can come up with a new motor and tranny all ready together than Ill just do that, but money is tight, so the price will have to be right... Just let me know, thanks in advance....
Text if need be 817-723-5584

dutchboy1

Established Member
I'm not going to let them total the car. If they do that then if I needed to sell the car I can't, also I don't they will cover the car once they have totaled it. Could be wrong

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I'm not going to let them total the car. If they do that then if I needed to sell the car I can't, also I don't they will cover the car once they have totaled it. Could be wrong
The only reason not to let them total the car is so you don't have to disclose the history of the car to the new buyer. And you can get insurance on a rebuilt title.

HELLFYR

Back in the game
Established Member
Sad to say, but the recommendations to total it are probably correct. I wouldn't even buy it back.

Have a buddy who had a theft recovery that was stripped. Car never was the same after that, seemed it was forever down for one reason or another. Little things they started to take apart but never finished that would eventually break causing bigger problems. He was left stranded more than once by that car.

After seeing that mess, NEVER would I purchase a salvage nor a theft recovery.

Good luck,

Rod

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Sad to say, but the recommendations to total it are probably correct. I wouldn't even buy it back.

Have a buddy who had a theft recovery that was stripped. Car never was the same after that, seemed it was forever down for one reason or another. Little things they started to take apart but never finished that would eventually break causing bigger problems. He was left stranded more than once by that car.

After seeing that mess, NEVER would I purchase a salvage nor a theft recovery.

Good luck,

Rod
which is why what the op is doing is underhanded and dishonest. Unless he tell the prospective buyer that it was stolen, recovered and then repaired. My money is if he sells the car he won't do that since it will cost him a potential sale.

sonicsaleen

1st or last
Established Member
which is why what the op is doing is underhanded and dishonest. Unless he tell the prospective buyer that it was stolen, recovered and then repaired. My money is if he sells the car he won't do that since it will cost him a potential sale.

How is this dishonest.. Its not wrecked.. just some parts where stolen..

Dasaliac03

TWINscrewed
Established Member
Ouch!

My old bullitt was stolen too but back in 2008, they did find it but not until last christmas along with quite a few other stolen mustangs down in Atlanta. I bought mine back after insurance wrote me a TINY check for compensation. All i got back was basically the shell, interior minus seats and radio bezel, all the glass, and all of the wiring from literally everything else was stashed in the trunk.........oh yea, some ancient v6 wheels!

SmelchoMG

SmelchoMG
Established Member
Hey man, Sorry to hear that and I hope those guys burn. I have a few stock parts you can have just pay for shipping. I have the stock shifter, used 10 spline input shaft, used throw out bearing sleeve, New ford racing Pilot Bearing in box. Used firewall sleeve (stock). The used parts are still good. You cna have everything and if it helps great, if you're able to trade the parts for some cash go for it. PM me or text me 847-977-9569. I'll check to see what else I have. Good luck bro.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread