Need opinions!!

1BLCKSVT

Established Member
I have to the opertunity to purchase a D1SC procharger kit for my 99 cobra at a steal of a price with installation by a well known professional shop. My car has 186k miles and do maintainence like crazy. I have driven it up and down California and one trip to Reno Nevada with no problems at all what so ever! It has also been on a 75 shot for over a year. Great results from it. I recently went up to a 100 shot on 100oct and have had 0 issues. Motor responds really well. Should the motor be okay with 4-6lbs of boost? Just want the car to run smooth until I can save some more $ and build the motor. I figured if it can handle the nitrous it can handle low boost? I've always wanted to Procharge my cobra!! Any advice and opinions will be greatly appreciated
Thanks for reading guys!

01yellercobra

Established Member
If you have a compression check and leak down test done that will tell you the health of the engine. High mileage doesn't mean it's unhealthy. However, with a stock engine and boost plan on replacing the short block. It's not a matter of if, but when.

Now, a little advice from a guy that ran a D1 for years. 4-6lbs ain't gonna happen with that blower. And even if it did, it would be so lazy you'd hate it and swear off centris for life. If it's really a steal and you don't want to run too much boost my suggestion would be to buy the kit and store it somewhere. Then save your pennies and have a shortblock built. Then you can use that blower to it's potential.

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
You could get away with that boost level on a P1SC, but not the D1. Now, I don't know that much about procharger kits, but you could look into getting that kit and just swapping the compressor, if the deal is really that good. Used P1's come up quite often. Even new ones aren't that expensive. Then start saving for a short block, which you will need to do anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread