Need opinions

JohnnyRocket4v

Established Member
So my spec 3+ is at the end of its life and I'm looking to replace it soon. Do I go with another spec 3+ or spend the extra for the mcload.? Do I upgrade the flywheel? Also want to do a kmember I'm thinking team z any other opinions.? Car makes 700+ now and will be 850-1200 soon and is raced often. Thanks :banana:

Jmurrz

Established Member
850-1200 is some pretty serious power, If it were me, I would go with a twin disc. The spec stage 3 is great but I think at that power level you would be flirting with the full capacity it can take. It of course depends on what type of power adder you are using because that will dictate how much torque you will have and how gradually it will hit. From lethal performance it states "800 rear wheel torque capacity".

If you have a spec flywheel now, look to see if it has the removable insert. If it does, buy an insert from spec. If not, replace it and buy a whole new one. People will tell you that you can resurface the old one, but is it worth it to do all of that work and spend all that money for something to make a noise? If it were me, I would buy a steel flywheel. Not that the aluminum wont hold up, but at that power level losing a few HP's from a steel flywheel that will be less prone to grenade is a nice insurance.

As far as k members go, I cannot say I am super educated in that area, however I am sure someone will chime in about what works for them. I know that a few people run Team Z's and I don't recall them having any major problems, but search around and see if you can find any other options.

JohnnyRocket4v

Established Member
Yea I'm trying to hold onto the t56. If I was to stay at the power I'm at now which is 745 would the spec last me awhile?

gabe1530

Banned
why spend the money to pull it out again? go with a rxt if your going to stay with a stick. i agree with antiheightpunk, a th400 would be the better option once your 1000+hp.

FiveOhJoe

Established Member
I assume you are turbo? Turbos at that power level are no fun with a T56, or any manual for that matter.

Even a completely built T56 isn't going to hold at that power level for long.

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
Just made that swap from spec 3 to mcloed rst, night and day difference. mcleod is by far better IMO

mkb116

Established Member
I have a team Z k member and I am happy with it. Haven't gotten much driving time with it though. Love the build quality and finish. My one complaint is the small hard black lines that run near the frame inside the right front wheel were rubbing the edge. Not a huge deal, I just put some rubber hose on them to protect them and zip tied it. Other than that, great.

HFBPA889

BOOST MAKES ME HAPPY!!!
Established Member
mcload rxt can not use stock flywheel but you could send the stock one to mcload to put in a steel insert

Incorrect, you can use the stock aluminum flywheel, but if you're going to do so, it's recommended to get a new insert installed by mcleod.

HFBPA889

BOOST MAKES ME HAPPY!!!
Established Member
Isn't that a risk since the stock flywheel could only be turned once ?

If you send it to mcleod and get a new insert, the flywheel is essentially new. Mcleod supplied the stock 03-04 flywheels and they can replace the friction insert.

Users who are viewing this thread