Need Opinions : Stored Car

CV355

_
Established Member
Couldnt you argue that a properly just built motor probably has an equivalent film of assembly lube?

My motor is from Tim @ MPR in south florida

On contact surfaces sure, but not oil galleys. In OP's case, it's more about flushing new oil in, not necessarily building to proper oil pressure prior to cranking. As soon as the engine starts to crank above starter speeds, the oil pressure will rise. Load is low enough to where no discernible wear is occurring.

And at the end of the day, there isn't a test on Earth worth conducting that will be able to pinpoint the difference in wear between startup methods. What you recommended is the best option. What I recommended is quick and economical, but I'd never suggest it for an initial priming on a dry engine.

As long as OP doesn't jackrabbit start the engine that has been sitting with old oil, it's gonna run just fine :)

Rare40th

Established Member
OP, wtf are you bothering with a 2 valve for? If you want a 2v for and LS!/2

Lol long story short, my old man bought the car brand new with 3 miles in 10/2004. Passed it down to me after I graduated. Since then I've listed it for sale a handful of times looking for something else. I'm at the point just haven't had much time to drive it or do anything with it. In 10.5 years, I've driven it 71k miles of which only about 9k in the last 6 years roughly.

I do plan on owning a TR 10th Coupe someday

CV355

_
Established Member
Lol long story short, my old man bought the car brand new with 3 miles in 10/2004. Passed it down to me after I graduated. Since then I've listed it for sale a handful of times looking for something else. I'm at the point just haven't had much time to drive it or do anything with it. In 10.5 years, I've driven it 71k miles of which only about 9k in the last 6 years roughly.

I do plan on owning a TR 10th Coupe someday

If it's in good condition, it's probably worth far more to you than it is someone else. New Edge GTs in good condition are getting rarer and rarer.

Rare40th

Established Member
If it's in good condition, it's probably worth far more to you than it is someone else. New Edge GTs in good condition are getting rarer and rarer.

She's pretty clean for 101k miles. She's given me fits over the years but also the best memories. Sentimental value is what always gives me cold feet to move on from it regardless of what situations that come up.

IMG_7097.jpg

Rare40th

Established Member
That is clean! I'd hang onto it. I say it all the time, I miss my SN95.

I mean it's no 68 CJ tho...

I think that's why I'm getting more adamant about driving it. I do miss it and feel even worse for neglecting it. Despite doing a wheels off detail two summers ago and kind of restoration on certain areas that needed r&r. It's not up to @musclecarresort level by any means but not a hooptie either.

I think my ideal car would be a Rio Red 94, with the interior of my current 40th and the powertrain/drivetrain of a Terminator. Then I have the mix of the first car that got me into Mustangs in memory of my Uncle, the sentimental interior of my first Mustang and the power/feel of the car I dream of

CV355

_
Established Member
I mean it's no 68 CJ tho...

I think that's why I'm getting more adamant about driving it. I do miss it and feel even worse for neglecting it. Despite doing a wheels off detail two summers ago and kind of restoration on certain areas that needed r&r. It's not up to @musclecarresort level by any means but not a hooptie either.

I think my ideal car would be a Rio Red 94, with the interior of my current 40th and the powertrain/drivetrain of a Terminator. Then I have the mix of the first car that got me into Mustangs in memory of my Uncle, the sentimental interior of my first Mustang and the power/feel of the car I dream of

Drive it. Enjoy it. Keep it pretty. You won't regret it. They're good cars for what they are, and I have a lot of great memories with my '00 GT. Plus, in 10 years they will start to take the same trend as Fox-bodies. They were a dime a dozen 15 years ago, now they fit the "retro" look, nice ones are getting rarer, and the prices are going back up.

It's not an "investment" so to speak, but I get the impression you'd regret getting rid of it.

Users who are viewing this thread