Need opinions on my car

Sluggie24

Established Member
Cross posting this since I'm not getting any responses in the supercharger section...

So this fall I purchased a 04 Mustang GT auto with 88k miles. Came with a vortech, 3.55's and full exhaust. Made a few bolt on mods including an intercooler and when it was tuned it made 370 rwhp and 350 rwtq on a very safe 93 octane street tune with 10-11 lbs of boost.

The tuner told me that with the losses through an auto it's probably around 500 hp at the crank.

Is that more than the stock engine can handle for a while? I've read 400-450 at the wheels with a manual but being the auto soaks up more I'm concerned I might be over the safe limit.

nxhappy

Established Member
450 is living on the edge. My motor made 430whp @ 14 lbs of boost. After a while she was getting piston ring blow by .

Keep her at 400 and you will be ok. Add 2 more pounds boost. Keep timing moderate.

Sluggie24

Established Member
So if I keep the engine at the current hp level it's at it should be fine until I build another engine?

Kline12

Bagged and Terminated.
Established Member
You should be ok. I just wouldn't dog the absolute crap out of it all the time. I had an auto 2000 gt with a vortech v2. Car made 427whp at 14 pounds and did fine for the amount of time I owned the car, but I rarely drove it very hard.

Sluggie24

Established Member
That's good to hear. After buying the car. and doing all the mods to it I have done so far, my play money is non existent at the moment. lol

Maybe when the Black Friday sales happen later this year I will be able to build the bottom end.

Users who are viewing this thread