need opinions. drag wheels for 94-03 cobra

cobra29svt

Established Member
need some opinions from you guys. im looking to get a set of wheels for the few times a go to the track. i have a 95 cobra and a 03 cobra that they would be going on. something light for the front, but big enough to clear the cobra brakes. and the rear....maybe 15x10's...16x10's ? not sure what will and what wont give me problems w/ that irs bolt. i do have a 1/4" wheel spacer on the 03 so it shouldnt be much of a problem. the whhels dont have to be pretty nor do they have to match. looking for something cheap and effective. can you run the spare's up front if you put something other than a temp tire on them? not really sure how heavy/light they are anyways. guess i need to look into that. gonna run a drag radial out back. thanks in advance

Adroitmustang

Established Member
ive got a set of older 16" gt rims that im gonna be putting 27x10.50 et streets on I believe the rims are 16x7.

Saw it done at the track and the results were respectable...

a thought

cobra29svt

Established Member
yeah, i have a set of those. i think they are 16x8's. im sure they would work w/ slicks/et streets, but not so good w/ a 315 ish drag radial. i guess i could step down to a 275 drag radial, but still not on those skinny wheels. thanks for the reply though

Users who are viewing this thread