Need opinions ASAP, gold brakes!

DocButters

shämən
Established Member
I'm about to do my calipers in 24k gold with black cobra lettering. Sonic blue 03 with black replicas, smoked headlights and tails, and black pearl emblems.

Your thoughts?

Last edited:

WOTjunkie

SvtP Resident Asshole
Established Member
Not too sure about that one... having a hard time imagining that. It could be something that turns out completely awesome looking or completely horrible looking. If you think it's gonna look good just pull the trigger and do it and see how it turns out. If it looks horrible just strip it off and don't tell anyone lol...

mariosvt

Bazinga
Established Member
I have a sb as well.

I was thinking

Purple Calipers. Black or Blue cobra lettering.

Black calipers. Purple or Blue " "

DocButters

shämən
Established Member
having a hard time imagining that.
That's my issue as well, I've seen a few people with gold calipers on other cars, but it's usually a dull yellowy gold. I'm thinking more of a highly reflective polished gold loook

It could be something that turns out completely awesome looking or completely horrible looking.
I agree with this as well, the way I figured it I have black wheels and a blue car, gold goes well with both individually, but I'm not sure if it will flow well all together.

Purple Calipers. Black or Blue cobra lettering.

Black calipers. Purple or Blue " "

I had similar ideas as well, but I was thinking about a mystichrome style of blue/purple but with the calipers being at such a low angle of view from standing by the car that they would just blend in with the SB too much. Same with the black, and lots of people said reflective silver/chrome, but I think those just blend in to the rims/rotors too much.

I'm going to do it. Black base and 24k gold over it so it should be a real dark shine. Pictures to come in a few days after paint is dry and new rotors are on. Wish me luck!

WOTjunkie

SvtP Resident Asshole
Established Member
I agree with this as well, the way I figured it I have black wheels and a blue car, gold goes well with both individually, but I'm not sure if it will flow well all together.

I know you guys are gonna crucify me for saying this but, "IMO" the gold rims go good on the blue STI's so the gold calipers behind the black wheels should look pretty good too... again.. IMO :-D

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
I know you guys are gonna crucify me for saying this but, "IMO" the gold rims go good on the blue STI's so the gold calipers behind the black wheels should look pretty good too... again.. IMO :-D

The first car that came to mind when I saw the thread title was the STI. It looks good on that car. OP go for it. SB is a wicked color and the contrast from the SB and the gold will really make the calipers stand out, especially behind black rims. Sounds like a good idea to me.

xtremeskime21

Established Member
eh, i agree. could turn out sketchy.....or could be good. my bet is it won't be something everyone just loves, it will be personal preference.

SVTDice

Established Member
Ah, Well nothing ventured nothing gained right? Its your car, But if you do it I'd love to see it.

DocButters

shämən
Established Member
SVT centercaps on, black pearl emblems done, just need to stick 'em back on the car, rotors off, and calipers are stripped and have 2 coats of high temp black. Now to let it dry over night and 3 coats of gold tomorrow and you guys can judge the final look!

HPRacing

SVTP Lurker
Established Member
Doesn't hurt to see how it will look, you can just as easily re-paint them another color if it doesnt work out. Worth a try eh?

DocButters

shämən
Established Member
TEASER!

teasere.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread