Need of a tune in VA BEACH area

chargedcobra03

Living my life
Established Member
Anyone know of a good affordable tuner in Va Beach area? :shrug:
i have had Ed Clark street tune mine before but i lost his number! Anyone? (Round about prices will be greatly appreciated.) :beer:

also with the mods in my sig what numbers do you think i might make? thanks

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
It's a little bit of a drive for you, but Excessive Motorsports in Manassas does a heckuva job tuning these cars and have lot's of experience with many different 03/04' combos from mild to wild. They are a supporting vendor of this site as well and their prices are very reasonable. I know of a couple of guys from your area that have taken the trip and left totally satisfied. Highly recommend.

TORQJNKY

I'm one of those guys in VA. Beach that has made the trip to Excessive Motorsports. As a matter of fact, I'm heading that way again on June 4th.

Dyno Tuned Performance (DTP) in Chesapeake are excellent tuners though if you don't want to make the trip to Manassas. I've had DTP tune my Cobra a couple of times. Talk to Brent at DTP.

NFCstang

I probably don't like you
Established Member
Sorry...I have Ed's number in my cell phone, except I'm in Iraq.

I wouldn't trust anyone else with my tune

chargedcobra03

Living my life
Established Member
I'm one of those guys in VA. Beach that has made the trip to Excessive Motorsports. As a matter of fact, I'm heading that way again on June 4th.

maybe we should meet up sometime and plan on possibly making that trip following you?!? let me know:beer:

Last edited:

TORQJNKY

The expedition we are going on is a Chris Mcduff expedition to Excessive Motorsports. Ed doesn't work at EMS but you are welcome to join in on the road trip. Chris is a kick ass tuner, one of the best in VA. EMS sponsored and Chris tuned the fastest pullied non-ported Cobra in the country (10.69).

I have an appointment with EMS on June 4th for a tune, so if we do a road trip, I'm not sure they will be able to tune other cars without an appt. Glad to have you along though! Have a good one.

1stockgt

Established Member
I don't much about Excessive, but Brent at DTP does a great job from what I hear. I'll probably take my car to him when I'm ready for a dyno tune.

TORQJNKY

Are you talking about ALMO's car? I think I remember him saying something about getting tuned at Excessive.

That's the one. ALMO sold his car about 2 months ago. Not sure if the new owner is on the forum. He was up at EMS when I was there last getting my car tuned. Great guy.

Last edited:

TORQJNKY

I don't much about Excessive, but Brent at DTP does a great job from what I hear. I'll probably take my car to him when I'm ready for a dyno tune.

Brent is really good if you don't want to make the trip up to EMS. I don't mind making the trip because Mustangs are Chris' specialty and he pretty much has it down to a science. Brent has tuned my car also and did an excellent job.

Users who are viewing this thread