Need Nitrous Primer

harry gilbert

Diehard Ford Fan
Established Member
OK, guys, help me out here. Where do I learn about this topic: :read:
1. What's difference between wet / dry?
2. How is "shot size" measured?
3. How big is tank, and where is it placed?
4. What is "heating"?
5. Where do you get tanks refilled, cost?
6. Is there any difference in quality between sources?
7. How is the shot activated?
8. Other than cost and increased drivetrain wear, any downsides to using Nitrous? Fire / explosion, damage to catalytic converters, etc.

99SVTcobraVERT

1. wet is using two injection lines one being fuel from your fuel rail and the other being n20 (another term for nitrous,or nos for the import community) dry is just spraying nitrous and mixed with the nitrous in the intakes. and is made effective by stepping up your injectors.
2. shot size is the "jets" that are certain sizes to make certain horsepower. (ie 55jet nitrous 32 fuel is 100hp shot) note: that isnt real numbers for a 100 but its just an ex. the more nitrous, the more hp and torque.
3. bottles come as big or as small as you want but an average bottle is 25lbs full of nitrous and 15lbs empty.
4. you heat the bottle to make more pressure for more hp and tq.
ex. 600psi makes less hp than 1000psi
5. tanks are refilled at most large size performance shops, most of time the place you by the kit has refill station. cost is $3-3.50 per lb of nitrous depending on who you know. so empty to full will cost you from 30-35 bucks.
6. some people yes some people say no, but i can def speak for nitrous express (NX) they rate their hp shot at the rear tires and have been very accurate for me.
7. you can either have it turned on with a signal from the throttle cable hitting wide open or you can have a push button to spray whenever you want. i like full throttle but again its your personal preference.
8. there are downsides to all power adders, you play you pay. my advice is dont over do the shot, i spray 150 on my cobra sometimes and 125 other times. personally i sprayed 1500+psi by accident because my bottle warmer didnt shut off like it was suppose to at certain temp and i had a bad explosion but it just blew upper and lower intakes. no biggy. you have forged internals i say 100 shot with the blower!!!!yeah baby! goodluck and if you need any help with me email me [email protected]

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
No the reason rob sprayed at 1500+ and blew the intakes is because he is an Idiot. He should be a ricer with his granny shifting butt. He is a sorry excuse for a........lol just kidding rob
Ran into your buddy you tried to fight with the black SS. Sprayed the crap out of him then convinced him the car was stock!!!! lol
ttyl

Joe Lynch

Established Member
Let me add a little to what Rob provided. N20 or nitrous is just another source of oxygen for your engine. Nitrous itself doesn't provide any power, add nitrous AND more fuel in the proper ratio and the power increases. The difference between a wet and dry kit is where the fuel is added.

In a wet kit like I have, an additional fuel line is teed into the fuel rails and run to a solenoid valve then to a mixing nozzle in the intake tube just before the throttle body. The fuel and nitrous solenoids are tied together electrically so they both are energized at the same time. This works fine in a car without a blower if the fuel and nitrous is not introduced at too low an rpm ow with the intake so cold that the fuel condenses and drops out in the manifold, which was never designed for anything but air.

Joe Lynch

Established Member
A dry system may introduce the nitrous ahead of the stock MAF and let the computer see the increase in mass flow, including the nitrous and the computer will add fuel via the stock injectors.

That way, no fuel is added upstream of the stock injectors but the computer may need a chip modification to add the correct amount of fuel when the nitrous system is activated.

The only system for consideration with a blown car such as an 03 Cobra is a dry system. Mark Chappetta of Zone 5 Performance, maker of the MAFterburner and eFPC add ons is doing just that and he will make it work well. I use his MAFterburner PLus as a nitrous controller on my 99 Cobra with a wet kit. Works perfectly.

Joe Lynch

Users who are viewing this thread