Need Nitrous Input

slo-GT

Established Member
Okay my buddy installed my nitrous kit last weekend. All I'm waiting for is to get it tuned and it will be ready to go. My mods are: full bolt ons, 24lb injectors, SVT Focus Fuel Pump, and a few other things that don't really concern the fuel setup. My car's internals are bone stock with 130,000 on the clock....I keep it serviced very well. The kit came with 100 shot jets but i'm very afraid to go with a shot like that with my mileage. I'm going this week to pick up some smaller jets, thinking about dropping down to a 75 shot or maybe even fifty, this is a wet kit BTW. I need some advice from you guys out there who know about nitrous on 2V 4.6's. Considering my fuel system mods, overall mileage on the stock internals......what size shot should I go with.....or is it going to go BOOM the first time I spray it no matter how small of hit I get. Should I even go through with it at all? Really need some input. Thanks in advance.

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
If this is a car that you have as a daily driver, and you want to be able to spray frequently at will, then I would consider the 75hp jets. If you only plan on spraying every once in awhile or on the weekends, then I would keep the 100 shot. No its not going to hurt anything as long as its getting enough fuel and you dont spray under 3000rpm. I highly recommend that you put a window switch on it with a fuel pressure safety switch. Its a great power adder but you just have to keep the lookout for leaks and make sure your bottle pressure is consistent. It should be fine with the mileage as long as you have a good tune and you dont beat it to death...

ClubVenom1

On My Way To 8's
Established Member
^^ +1
I had a 100 shot on my 5.0 with 145K miles and it ran like a champ with no problems. Milage isn't the issue with things going BOOM..... the TUNE is the culprit. Pull 4 degrees of timing, run good gas and your good to go on the 100 shot. Have fun and be safe.

slo-GT

Established Member
Thanks alot for the help guys. Really helped me make up my mind. I don't plan on using it but every great once in awhile so I think I'll stay with the 100 shot. Thanks again for the advice, its greatly appreciated.

90_red_lx

ASLOW50
Established Member
Keep the 100 shot jets. Especially since your having it tuned. A 100 shot really doesn't require much if any timing pulled at all. Hell my 5.0 will run 22 degrees of timing with a 100 shot with no detonation at all and I haven't even seen what it will truly take before detonation. As long as she gets fuel and keep it off the limiter she will be fine. I've already blown 2 air filters off due to nitrous backfires lol.

slo-GT

Established Member
Keep the 100 shot jets. Especially since your having it tuned. A 100 shot really doesn't require much if any timing pulled at all. Hell my 5.0 will run 22 degrees of timing with a 100 shot with no detonation at all and I haven't even seen what it will truly take before detonation. As long as she gets fuel and keep it off the limiter she will be fine. I've already blown 2 air filters off due to nitrous backfires lol.

Yea, I've heard horror stories about people blowing intakes off with nitrous. I was talking to a guy a couple weekends back at the track that was running a 150 shot on his stock motor fox who said he literally blew his intake off going down the track. I'm not interested in doing something exteme, just give it some extra get up and go if I want. Everyone around here is going f/i and I'm getting left behind here lately.

spike_africa

Established Member
WHy do you have 24# injectors for a wet shot?

But yeah mileage wont make your motor able to handle less nitrous, it wear the bearings and rings out instead, the mileage not the nitrous. I would run the 100shot no problem on your car even without a tune as the stock tune is so conservative on our cars.

Users who are viewing this thread