Need new tuner. HELP

nosympathy

Boss 302
Established Member
Your talking about power adder cars right? LUND only likes to see logs from power adder cars am I correct?

Also the OP is 2 hours behind LUND, so it was around 9am for LUND to respond.

reading through all this, this is why I wouldn't buy tunes from Lund and why I have continued to buy parts/etc. from anywhere but beefcake.

The attitudes of both are terrible. One is passive aggressive against competitors the other is just flat out a dick.

I'd rather spend an extra $20 from someone who doesn't slam their competitors every chance they get vs someone who does. So pretty much every other dealer but beefcake racing.

Last edited:

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
reading through all this, this is why I wouldn't buy tunes from Lund and why I have continued to buy parts/etc. from anywhere but beefcake.

The attitudes of both are terrible. One is passive aggressive against competitors the other is just flat out a dick.

I'd rather spend an extra $20 from someone who doesn't slam their competitors every chance they get vs someone who does. So pretty much every other dealer but beefcake racing.

You are not the only one that feels this way.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor

I am friends with quite a few of the other vendors, there really is only one I don't care for, and the reasons are obvious, some are not so obvious. a lot of what goes on behind the scenes you guys don't see or hear about.

what you get with me is a straight shot attitude. I don't hold back. I also don't lie to customers, and I put my heart and sole into my business.

You are not the only one that feels this way.

And again, everyone has different personalities, and everyone simply will not get along, that's just the way of the world. It can't be helped. There is no way to please everyone. I wish I could.

For everyone that doesn't like me, there are 20 that do. The same goes for every vendor. For every 20 that likes Sean, there is one that can't stand him.

That's just the nature of the business.

As far as Lund. Jon Jr. has a great attitude and tries to help people to the best of his ability. So, when I see him get beaten up on, when I know how hard he works. I take it a little personal. I can't help that, that's just me.

Yesterday morning, we had a scheduled remote session we were working on, Jon was also working on another customers remote session. Jon Sr. was in training, and Ken was in the Dominican republic tuning cars. One person can only be expected to do so much.

Could Jon jr. been a little out of line on the phone, maybe, was the customers expectations a little too much, maybe. No one has ever taken 6 months to get a tune, and more than likely, the customer would have had his base file yesterday or Monday at the latest. Lund has been very quick to get customers cars dialed in.

They prefer to communicate via email, that way they have documentation for everything the customer is looking for. Some will like that, some won't.

Lund's vendors know what they are looking for and what they need. That's one of the reasons there are Lund vendors. You can call me or one of Lund's other vendor's. Spend the time on the phone you need, to get the answers / expectations / wants / needs that you are looking for.

We then can email lund with what Lund will need for the tune. We know what they are looking for, and can get things processed as quickly as they will get processed for the customer.

I rarely speak to any of the 3 on the phone, unless we happen to be at an event together. There isn't a need to, as I know exactly what information that they are looking for.

At the end of the day, some people will like Lund, some people will like AED, etc. I don't sell AED tunes, But some of my customers like to use Sean. You can ask any of my customers who use Sean. I have never tried to sway them away from Sean, or downed his ability to tune in any way.

If people ask me who I prefer, of course I am going to say Lund, but I always tell them i'm not going to force our tune down their throat.

Shaun@AED

I like you Terry....mostly ;-)

You take care of your customers and do your best to resolve any issues that may arise, even when it's not an issue related to service on your end.

az20115.0

Established Member
With all the negative stuff on this thread, just wanted to throw in some happy stuff.. worked with JPC for some parts for my Coyote and a remote tune, and spoke poor Shauns ear off for like 25 minutes one day about cams and stuff..
Anyway, both are awesome... The guys at JPC are incredibly nice.. I even got to speak with Justin, the man him self! What an awesome guy to deal with. I'm happy to have spend the money with them and still have more stuff to get there! Great parts, awesome tune, customer service second to none.. Simply a pleasure

Just dumped all my money into KW suspension, so as soon as I get more, Shaun will be getting some of it next.. He is the man on the west coast, and listened to my 25 min ramble in the middle of a busy day. Once I get the car finished and get the AED remote tune, I want to go put it on their dyno and California is much closer to AZ than Maryland..

Thanks to both

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread