Need new tires

Vinny575hp

Established Member
I'm looking for some new rear tires. I have some 315 right now but might pop down to 305 maybe. Does anyone know where some cheap ones are or well priced tires?

RI-SVT

TVS Powered
Established Member
is you drive the car in the rain R888 is the best choice, otherwise Nitto NT05's or 555's is a good choice for the price, but don't expect huge performance from them.

Speedwagon

Established Member
Im sporting 305/35/20 Mickey Thompson Street Comp's ... Not a bad tire for the money...

jpk

Established Member
I have stock wheels, but I second a recommendation for the Mickey Thompson Street Comp. Very impressed with this tire, even more so given the price. They have a nice firm ride and stiff sidewall. No wheel hop, just smooth spinning when you break them loose on a hard launch. And the tread pattern is good for wet roads, standing water is not something you have to be fearful of.

If you only drive your car in good weather and for spirited drives, then maybe the R888 is worth considering. It's more of a track tire and not a normal driver tire.

themaxx69

Established Member
I have/had 555r 315/35/17 in rear and the ONLY prob I have is life. No wheel hop, gripped like glue....almost. Looking for a possible replacement. Would like some that grips the same but last a little longer. They almost made it to 6k.

Weslsew

Established Member
is you drive the car in the rain R888 is the best choice, otherwise Nitto NT05's or 555's is a good choice for the price, but don't expect huge performance from them.

I hear so many different things, some people swear the r888 are the best tire in the rain, some say they are super dangerous in the rain.

Coxy

Established Member
What people probably mean is that compared to most other R compound tires, the R888 will try to kill you the least In Wet conditions. R tires when they are cold, or in wet conditions are sketchy, but it's all relative

RI-SVT

TVS Powered
Established Member
yes what Coxy mentioned, Example I run 315's Nitto NT05R's but I dont drive the car in the rain, and the R888 is the best over tire to get.

Users who are viewing this thread