need new mufflers

boss1984

boosted boss
Established Member
my truck has long tube headers and no cats with full 3" exhaust and 2 thrush chambered mufflers..well these pos mufflers keep breaking at the welds and rattle like ****in crazy...so my ? is does anyone seriously know of a really quiet muffler with a 3" inlet/outlet

pitstain

I love appetizer samplers
Established Member
Really quiet?, well I have a pair of SLP loudmouth II's, they ain't quiet but sound great, and I have them for sale.

If you want quiet get a dual in dual out Dynomax or Magnaflow muffler, they both have an internal X built in.

boss1984

boosted boss
Established Member
Really quiet?, well I have a pair of SLP loudmouth II's, they ain't quiet but sound great, and I have them for sale.

If you want quiet get a dual in dual out Dynomax or Magnaflow muffler, they both have an internal X built in.

few ?'s

1. are your mufflers quieter than thrush

2. do u mean just to get 1 muffler since you said dual in and dual out..

3. do u have any pics of your mufflers...and price..u may pm me if you'd like

LSUstang05

Established Member
I have the magnaflow from JDM and it's definitely not what I would call quiet. Sounds good, but not really all that quiet. My setup is JDM Longtubes, JDM Hi-Flow Catalytic Converters, and the JDM (Magnaflow) Mufflers with X pipe.

pitstain

I love appetizer samplers
Established Member
The ultrafo X is what I run now, I feel it is just loud enough, while not being annoying on the highway, and has a good mean sound when you stomp on it.

I dont have any pics of my SLPs handy though.

chip moore

Established Member
Ill get you some sound clips. Like Pitstain said, its perfect if you don't want loud. It has gotten a little louder than when it was new, I also still have all four cats.

Last edited:

bluepacecar

AKA CHRIS
Established Member
pitstain where did you get yor ultraflow x, i have the magnaflow silverbullets and they are too loud for my taste. was thinking of changing out to something with as much flow but a little quieter.

z28Eater

Hemi's Worst Nightmare
Established Member
i've got the silver bullet, my buddy just put magnaflow magnapacks in, and it sounds great!

Users who are viewing this thread