Need new engine

Svt Shelby

Established Member
Just looking for a few opinions, the engine in my 93 GT needs to be replaced. This is the 2nd engine I've broken it, I know the stock block can't hold the power I'm asking it to, so what block should I use. I'm going to use the same trickflow heads, new cam , and blower but detune it to around 475 max rwhp. Stock block? Dss forged with girdle? 302?306?331? I'm not looking to buy a dart block. It's only drive it about 100 miles a year and have other cars. Thanks for any input

vfast

Established Member
dss is where you problem lies....grap a 351w block and get the 408 kit with dish pistons or flat top depending on your boost.. it's a great platform.... grap a set of convertible motor mounts as well.

mjr46

Established Member
dss is where you problem lies.....
stock block is where his problem lies....seen dss, ford strokers and chp built motors all part ways, I currently run a 347 from ford strokers with a 100 shot, I stopped using the 100 shot as n/a I'm already living on the edge as it runs that good n/a ....op get a dart block if you wanna run boost and have no fear of splitting it.......I run a stock block 306 and 12 psi on a t-trim and have a conservative tune and it has lived for 1 year so far..lol

Users who are viewing this thread