Need my Mustang moved from NH to PA

luv2hiss

Transplanted again...
Established Member
I moved from NH down to PA. My 88 Mustang GT is still in Chester, NH and needs to be moved down here to Fogelsville, PA (approx 340 miles from where the car is to my house here in PA). The tires are all dry rotted, so a tow dolly is out of the question.

The real kicker is that the car was sitting outside of a auto shop before the blizzard, so it needs to be dug out of the snow to move it. I am willing to drive up and help get it out. Heck, if I can rent someones truck and trailer to move it, that would be great too.

Please let me know if you or anyone you know is able help me out and for how much.

Thanks!

FYI - For all my mustang famiy and friends in New England who will be headed down for the Fords at Carlisle show, I live about 90 mins from Carlisle. My house is 3 miles off I-78 and I have 2 garages (one is a 2 car attached and the other is a 2 1/2 car detached) and tons of space for parking. So, if you need a place to clean your car, fix something, or stop for a break, meal or place to stay overnight, mi casa et su casa. :banana:

Last edited:

My2003Mach1

Established Member
well couple of options ..

Hiss... I think my trailer will be gone by this weekend. Otherwise I'd consider helping. The hard part is that it sounds like you might have 4 flats/Low tires... a winch would be needed/ideal. which I have.

I would look to "U ship" I know you will get someone to move it and I'd guestimate having to dig it out, drag it out, and tow it down to PA your prolly looking around $900...
Fuel to and from is going to run around $250 (minimum) + any tolls.... (based on my Dmax towing mileage of 14 miles per gallon)
I'm not sure a car shipping company would move it being that its not running.

Only other option is U haul rents open car trailers.. you could pick one up in NH renting it one way... they cost about $100 I think...

I wish you luck....

Stanglovin

There's no hate with a V8
Established Member
Rented put a Uhaul trailer a couple months ago it was about 75 bucks total, real cheap and fit perfect GL

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

luv2hiss

Transplanted again...
Established Member
I dont have a truck any more, so renting a uhaul trailer isnt an option. Tires arent flat just dry and cracked and not travel worthy. Car runs and drives but has an overheating problem. If it wasnt for the overheating issue, I would just throw 4 used tires on and drive it down. I just bought bought the car before we moved down here and didnt have time to work on it with the move and closing my practice.

KillerMike

Senior SVT Hall Of Fame
Established Member
I dont have a truck any more, so renting a uhaul trailer isnt an option. Tires arent flat just dry and cracked and not travel worthy. Car runs and drives but has an overheating problem. If it wasnt for the overheating issue, I would just throw 4 used tires on and drive it down. I just bought bought the car before we moved down here and didnt have time to work on it with the move and closing my practice.

Want to just sell the car? Is that a option? I have a friend looking for a cheap fox. Let me know, it may be worth it for you to sell it and find one down by you...Who knows?

luv2hiss

Transplanted again...
Established Member
Jake, I know Sickboy. I will ping him and see if he's interested. Thanks!

As for selling it, not gonna happen. I've been without a Mustang or any car for that matter for almost 2 years. Divorces have a way of sucking the financial life out of you.

Yes, it will drive up onto a trailer. The biggest obstacle will likely be just digging it out from the snow and ice. From the pictures I've seen online, you all got hammered pretty bad over the last week.

Stanglovin

There's no hate with a V8
Established Member
Saw that you didn't have a truck, you could also rent one of Uhauls trucks as well and drop off both truck and trailer after dropping off the fox at your place.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Users who are viewing this thread