Need motor Help !!!

1fast97Cobra

Established Member
Hey everyone, Been a long time sense i have been on here. alot has happened with the car. So here is the story thus far.

I put a s-trim blower on my stock motor last May. Well the motor lasted 2 weeks and left me sitting in OC Md. Got the car home and started looking over it. Took motor apart and found the driver side chain tensioner broke and bent all the valves on the driver side head. Bottom end seems fine.

Two months later found a good deal on a built 4.6l long block with blowers cams and all for 3k. I ended up getting off of someone from corral that had 100% feedback and had been a member for 4 years. I got the new motor and had a shop quickly go over the motor and said it was fine. We install the motor and car starts fine but is misfiring. I tried everything from the tune to new plugs wires. Ended up having a burnt valve on cylinder 3.

Took the motor back out and i had a set of built B-heads fully ported and all the goodies. We did i compression check on the motor and all were around 120psi. Put the new heads on and time the motor everything seems good. Start the car and it runs and idles fine has a nice chop to it. Well we soon noticed a knock in the motor. It only happens if you hit the gas.

I have a SCT livewire on the car and email tune by John lund. If you drive the car the knock is much louder. about 3k it goes away for the most part. If you pop the hood the motor ticks very loud like a disel truck. It has done this sense day one. I figured it was cause from the cams. Well i drove the car the other day to edmissions and the knocking got worse. i know it is not rod knock had that before. I was thinking wrist pin or bearings. Motor has J.E. SRP 80 pistons with Manley H-beam rods. What do you guys thing i have almost 10k in this car and dont know if i want to fix it again. Car is making around 500HP. Once i get it dynoed and Meth installed on 10 to 12lbs should be around 600HP. But need to figure this problem out frist.

Users who are viewing this thread