Need More Power

03WetSnake

All Or Nothing!!!
Established Member
:bowdown: 2.8 pully, Hypertech3,Full SLP Loudmouth exhuast w/cats,what kind of horsepower ya'll guys think i'm puttin to the ground.
I know I need a predator tune, and cold-air ,throttle body, gears, but need help on the best products for my 03 cobra, or which brand name for parts?

Your help will go to good use!!!!!

hydroshutter

don't worry about it
Established Member
I'd say you're putting out around 440-455rwhp..

Steeda makes a great cai. Maximum motorsports for the suspension. Billetflow or accufab tb, 3.55's are pretty good imo. Check out the terminator section of svtp to read more about the products I suggested above. Good luck with everything.

fatal1

Established Member
I tried Dynospeed out of Memphis, they are a great bunch of guys. Just got my SCT tune, and trying to get back in a couple of Satudays to get some dyno time.

fatal1

Established Member
They also sell Steeda product among others. 03WetSnake, the first thing I would do would be to get a custom tune and a cai.

not Jake

JakeLovesLeslie
Established Member
I would love to put my cobra on the dyno to see what it pulls, and tune it as well? Do they tune the cars or do you have to bring your own tuner? I heard JLT cai, is the best for the cobras? It's only 2hrs, away from memphis so keep me updated when you might go fatal 1. I'm might want to join ya.

03WetSnake

All Or Nothing!!!
Established Member
I've also heard that i need a idler pulley cause i will have belt slip with a smaller supercharger pulley. The 2.8 pulley and Smaller gator belt is from SLP, I've not heard any noises, but they say i have to get a aftermarket boost guage to actually see the boost drop at high RMP. Is that true?

hydroshutter

don't worry about it
Established Member
check out billetflow.com for pulleys and idlers.

Yes, you'll see boost drop off in the high RPM's with the boost gauge.. (try rpmoutlet.com for best prices)

sckcobra

Established Member
i dont like the sound of the SLP exhaust. for some reason i think it sounds way better on the chevy motors i.e. ls1, ls6, ect...

sckcobra

Established Member
i would go bassani headers x pipe with a borla catback. billetflow pulley and idlers, k&n fipk, mgw shifter, accufab throttle body, and then find a tuner with a good rep in your area, or do a mail order tune with horsepower by herman. i would leave the stock gears. i think that the are all around excellent gears.

hydroshutter

don't worry about it
Established Member
03WetSnake said:
thanks GA600RR, for the info, i'll try and call billetflow monday and see what they have to say. thanks again for you input. SPDRACR

no prob :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread