Need more foot room for the clutch pedal

NVR2L8

Established Member
I am a tall guy, with size 13 shoes. My problem is that my left foot on the clutch has absolutely zero margin of error to get the pedal to the floor without hitting the raised portion where a deal pedal would go. If my foot is even 1/4" off center on the clutch pedal, I hit the raised area and then have to rotate my ankle to get it to the floor, which slows down shifting and / or grinding gears. Can the raised area be modified?

Clutch pedal extension will not work, due to knee clearance to the steering wheel.

Thanks

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
I wear a 12.5 shoe and do not have the issue you are talking about. But I have been driving stick shift cars for 30 years.... practice makes perfect. As you push the pedal in, you have to flex your foot to the tip toe position as you reach the floor. Otherwise with our big feet they will hit everything. Hope that helps....

NVR2L8

Established Member
I wear a 12.5 shoe and do not have the issue you are talking about. But I have been driving stick shift cars for 30 years.... practice makes perfect. As you push the pedal in, you have to flex your foot to the tip toe position as you reach the floor. Otherwise with our big feet they will hit everything. Hope that helps....

Thanks for the input. I am an advanced driver, primary car is a Z06, last year tracked a GT500.

Anyway, I pulled back the carpet, and the fake dead pedal is just a dense foam, easy to make more room. I also hated the MT82, so I installed a T56 Magnum. I should do fine in a few days at VIR.

Users who are viewing this thread