Need Metco Lower Pulley Diagram or Instructions

da28fan

SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Just bought a used Metco 4 pound lower pulley setup for my 2003 SVT Cobra. Took it apart and am powder coating it. But I was hoping someone would have a PDF (or a link or file) of the Metco installation instructions, or just a pictoral diagram of the spacers and bolts, etc. Email address is [email protected] if you have something. Thank you!

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
img007.jpg

img008.jpg

img009.jpg

img006.jpg

img011.jpg

img010.jpg

da28fan

SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Thank you Sir!

Thank you sir. This is what I was looking for. Also think I'm going to change the back belt, as I'll never (hopefully) have the lower pulley off again! I don't have the little hex insert that Metco gives you to take off the lower pulley. Think just a regular hex insert would work?

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
Thank you sir. This is what I was looking for. Also think I'm going to change the back belt, as I'll never (hopefully) have the lower pulley off again! I don't have the little hex insert that Metco gives you to take off the lower pulley. Think just a regular hex insert would work?

you need to get the hex tool from either snap on, matco, mac... any of the cheap chinese tools will break. matter of fact my metco tool broke off trying to get mine off. i paid i think like 15-20 bucks for my matco one and it worked for me. ive used it on about 3 other cars also.

so dont go and get a craftsman or some s&k stuff. you really need a quality tool. i got lucky and mine came out easily when it broke off in then pulley. however some people were not as lucky as me.

i would also recommend getting new bolts as those cheap grade 5 bolts they supply are not that great. i went to ace hardware and got some 8.8 (10.? in metric) grade bolts. just some sound advise and my opinion.

da28fan

SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Thanks Brian. I'll find the tool and at least get new bolts for the pulley and the ring. Hope to powdercoat the parts next weekend.

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
do not powder coat any of those parts!!!

the hub and ring will not mount if you do that. its a super tight fit. same for the bracket. the piece that goes into it that holds the idler is super tight. with the powder coat it would never seat in there.

trust me im a powder coat nut and 85% of my car in the engine and suspension have been powder coated. but certain things just cant be done unless your willing to then have to sand centain areas back down. it just would not be worth it honestly

Last edited:

da28fan

SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Too late! Already sandblasted some of the parts, at least the areas that I'm coating. Not the splines or the fitment areas, just the surface areas. When I took it all apart, I noticed what you shared, that the fitment is tight. I will tape off those areas, especially in light of what you shared!

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
Too late! Already sandblasted some of the parts, at least the areas that I'm coating. Not the splines or the fitment areas, just the surface areas. When I took it all apart, I noticed what you shared, that the fitment is tight. I will tape off those areas, especially in light of what you shared!

just tape them off and maybe even sense you now sand blasted it your gonna need to "polish" the surface areas that parts get pressed into so its not rough.

just take your time and do it right.

da28fan

SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
just tape them off and maybe even sense you now sand blasted it your gonna need to "polish" the surface areas that parts get pressed into so its not rough.

just take your time and do it right.

Thanks, will do. Also will sand/polish as needed to ensure the best fit. I'll also post some pics in another week or so when it's done.

Users who are viewing this thread