Need legal advice

thatdude305

Established Member
I recently bought a car out of state. I got the vehicle inspected by AIM, but they really dropped the ball. I asked all the right questions and was told everything is immaculate. At the last minute they told me the mirror on the passenger side was loose. I said other than that is everything good. They said its perfect. Well when I get the car it's another story.
There's a scrape on the front bumper, dent in the hood, drivers inside door panel is broken, alignment is way off, tires are shot, brakes are bad, rear window weather stripping is falling off, big scratch in the hood, there's a loud squeak in the rear, and the front speakers don't work at all.
I asked all the questions via text and have all the texts still. Does anyone think I have a right to sue them? Please help me out. Thx

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
You can sue anybody for anything, whether it is cost effective is the question. Small claims may be a better choice.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
Be prepared to spend the dough to only get a little bit back. Sack up, wrench up, stuff the cooler full of beer, and get to work. Sounds like you have work to get done.

HillbillyHotRod

Hooligan rabble rouser
Established Member
Go to small claims. Does not cost much and could get something for it. Do not know if they guarantee their assessment or not but it something to look into.

DiB14-SAFD

Established Member
First thing I would do would be to get another inspection done by a competing company. That way if you do take them to court it's not just your word against theirs.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
no you do not have a case to sue. chalk it up to never buy a car site unseen.....

madscotsman

Established Member
JJ

Attachments

• article-1371689-0B69391C00000578-266_468x374.jpg
    article-1371689-0B69391C00000578-266_468x374.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 60

Zemedici

Established Member
Seems like a helluva lot of work to only get minimal return.

I'd just sack it up to never using said company again. Why not hit up one of the 15billion members here to go look out a car? I never understand why people dont think to do that. I've checked out many a car for forum users as well as blowers

Black2010

Established Member
I've never heard of legitimate businesses of this nature doing business by text. Where is the certified document showing what all was checked and their findings? If you don't have that then I feel you are even more SOL.

When have a pre-inspection done you should receive paperwork showing everything that was checked and what they found was wrong. Most of the reputable companies that do this even guarantee their work and some even have buy back options.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Did they supply you with a report on the vehicles condition or just some random texts? I would think if you paid for this, much like a home inspection and it's completely wrong you would have recourse. How much may not be worth the hassle.

rdvenom99

Established Member
Did you contact AIM about it at all? What did they have to say? Does seem strange to only get inspection results via text. No email of an inspection report? I would've demanded that at the least.

Never_Enough

Established Member
Maybe try social media & higher ups in the company first? Always works for me when I go after big companies that have wronged me. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Users who are viewing this thread