NEED KNOWLEDGE!! Drag racing custom wheel info!!

lxlawWFO

Terminator LOVER!!!
Established Member
Alright, I am getting ready to order some 16 x 9.5 Billet Specialties Street Lite wheels. I am ordering:

16 x 9.5
4.5 bolt pattern
with a 6.25 backspacing
and the lugs are the same as a fox i believe 1/2 x 20.

I am going to run a Hoosier Quick time pro 28x11.5x16 DOT which is the same as a 28x10x16 slick.

Tell me, do you see any clearance issues with the wheels and backspacing. I wouldn't mind doing a slight bit of grinding, but I am going with the 16 to try and avoid it.

I need input from people that have knowledge of this please. I have read that a 15x10 with a 6.5 bs fits the cobra with grinding.

SO REASSURE ME HERE GUYS!! There are no refunds after they are made. Do you see any clearance issues, inner / outer fender, etc...

64T-bolt

Fist Fornicator
Established Member
you will not have any issues with the wheels, no grinding will be required with a 16. The tire my be close to the fender lip depending on your ride height. If this is the case, just get the fender professionally rolled.

fronts will be 15x3 w/ 1.75 bs on a 1" spacer to clear front calipers w/ LONG studs obviously and only run a quality hubcentric spacer (I ran Baers)

lxlawWFO

Terminator LOVER!!!
Established Member
Well guys, I am only getting the rears right now, I will be getting the 17x11 and 17x9.5 some time next year to match. Then just swap the rears when I go to the track. But I will order them tomorrow and have them in 2 weeks. I will get the slicks mounted and put on the car and get some pictures.

lxlawWFO

Terminator LOVER!!!
Established Member
Well I ordered the wheels, they should be here in about 2 weeks. Ill post up as soon as I get them on the car.

lxlawWFO

Terminator LOVER!!!
Established Member
They were $305 each, plus lugs and stems. I am working on trying to become a dealer with them so I can get some SVT discounts. I am going to try and see if I can get them to make a 17x3 or 4 runner, but that will take some time.

Users who are viewing this thread