Need Karting info/advice

kball

Banned
My dream is to be a professional driver of some sort...I hear karting is the way to go for F1. If anyone has advice, info or opinions, there welcome. I'm in the military, so it looked like something I could do on the side. Thanks in advance.

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
Unfortunately, you may be too old to actually have time to become a professional driver. Most people start at like age 10 in kart racing nowadays. Not saying it's not possible, but you may be out of luck.

It will however be a fun hobby. My buddy had a dirt track kart and it was fast as hell. It was amazing how fast a 5hp motor can go.

99caddysts

Established Member
Well, about a year or two ago i was really into getting started in karting. The main problem is, there is not too much info out there on the web.

Your best bet is to find a track near you and go there on weekends and just talk to people there. I am sure they will be helpfull.

2001BlackSVT

You're First or Last
Established Member
it takes a lot of money and time to get into karting, because you're paying for everything, then you have to get so good that an F1 team would want to sponsor you or pick you up, not to mention you have to be pretty small (shorter than 5'10") and in awesome shape if you would want to get into F1.

Users who are viewing this thread