Need input asap on a good 4V TB for my build

Bullseye96

underestimated SVT
Established Member
Cliffnotes of my build are 96 4V, KB 1.5, forged internals, head work, full exhaust. I want the best flowing throttle body for my application. I've heard the BBK are problematic, and heard yesterday that an Accufab stuck at WOT on my shop's dyno. Any input would be greatly appreciated. I need to land on a throttle body by Friday.

Bullseye96

underestimated SVT
Established Member
i would just keep the stock one if i were you.

I know you probably don't want to type an in depth answer, but may I ask why? I'm not opposed to this, but I figure with everything else flowing well, why not get the large tb?

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
accufab makes a single blade throttle body, there are two versions, one is larger that the other for supercharged cars.

timpryor

Turbo'd ST
Established Member
Waylon your car is ugly, and slow & i took a piss in the gas tank at the shop.

but for real I've been told by the 2 shops i trust to go single blade accufab so thats the route i'll be going.

Bullseye96

underestimated SVT
Established Member
Waylon your car is ugly, and slow & i took a piss in the gas tank at the shop.

but for real I've been told by the 2 shops i trust to go single blade accufab so thats the route i'll be going.

pshh ha ha!! I'm thinking about the accufab as well because I like the single blade, but Danny told me that one hung up on them the other day. Probably just a fluke, but I want to be safe.

no_slow_svt

2 wheeled dork
Established Member
I know you probably don't want to type an in depth answer, but may I ask why? I'm not opposed to this, but I figure with everything else flowing well, why not get the large tb?

i would stay away from the twin 62 or 65 TB's
i had nothing but problems with the 62

i would stay with the stock one or try out one of those single blade ones.( i havent really heard anything bad about those)
but i have only meet a hand full of people that like the BBK ones.everyone else have had problems with them.(encluding myself)
thats really the only reason i say to stay with the stock one.
it flows well and idles and runs great.
I would hate to see you drop 400 bucks on something your not going to like or cause you issues.

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
I love mine, if you use T clamps to hold the rubber piece to the throttle body, it will get hung up... Or not open all the way... I use just regular clamps now.. 0 problems..

SN8KBYTE

Established Member
Accufab single blade here. It's been on the car 4 years with no problems at all. When I first installed it the car was n/a and I honestly did not see any improvement. Now, with over 600rw I'm sure it's helping somewhat. You'll have to modify your intake cover to accept the single blade. I cut out the "I" in the cover with a air saw, ripped down the high spots with an air dremel and smoothed everything out with a fine dremel. While I was there I gave it a little port job. It came out great. The tb is high quality but I don't recomend them unless you're pushing at least 500rw.:beer:

Bullseye96

underestimated SVT
Established Member
I really appreciate all of the input guys. I have the Accufab "Special" eliptical TB on the way :)

Bullseye96

underestimated SVT
Established Member
stock t/b here.

750rwhp w/ 18psi thru twin 57's

keep the stocker on there and save $400

damn!!! Nice :) the reason I went with the tb is because I'm trying to squeeze all of the power from my non IC KB as possible. Every little horsey I can get is a plus. If I had an I/C and was able to pulley for more than 10psi safely with my KB then I might have stayed with the stock unit. Unfortunately blower RPM limits me. Nice numbers :rockon:

Bullseye96

underestimated SVT
Established Member
Well here it is. The Accufab "Special" Throttle Body that I got for the car.
Sorry I couldn't get more pics of it, but work was in progress.

motor-004.jpg

motor-005.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread