Need info on Painting the INTERIOR!!

z28WHAT

Got that Azzz sooo LOOOWW
Established Member
Northern Region of North Carolina...2005 NCAA NATI
WEll im thinking about painting my interior white to match the exterior of the Saleen..Or either some kind of color to spiffy it up..Cause the stock interior is just boring IMO, around the dash and the door handles on the interior..But I was curious if u decide to do this on you own, how you would go about doing this? Such as what products should be used, how to prep it and then finish it off etc etc..All info is needed and pic of before and after would be REALLY HELPFUL..OR would u suggest ordering the parts instead of painting them..I personally think that the Mach 1 mustangs come with a pretty nice kit for the interior to enhance it..What do u guys think, either way info for painting the interior would be helpful...

Thanks,
Blake

EastCoast5.0

Established Member
Well I assume any white interior paint from a parts store would be fine. Although it might be hard to find. www.50resto.com has primer for both soft and hard plastics. I know Muscle Mustangs or 5.0 did an article a while ago on painting the interior pieces of one of their project cars. I think it was 5.0 (their yellow GT).

CY98Cobra

Established Member
Clean the surface really well with rubbing alcohol. Clean it three or four times. I have never used primer, just paint and I haven't ever had any flake or peel. Cleanliness is the key to getting the paint to stick.

EastCoast5.0

Established Member
Black98COBRA said:
Clean the surface really well with rubbing alcohol. Clean it three or four times. I have never used primer, just paint and I haven't ever had any flake or peel. Cleanliness is the key to getting the paint to stick.
Werd. So I take it your paint is holding up well on your console?? I'm finally comming home for good in a week and putting everything in my car. I can't wait to paint and put in my console!! :rockon:

Last edited:

CY98Cobra

Established Member
The paint is holding up very well. I have sat my radio (during the swap) on it and didn't even scratch, I was very surprised.

When doing this make sure you use paint made for the surface you are painting. The door bezels and radio and a/c bezel are plastic. Krylon makes a paint that bonds to plastic and works very well. Almost everything else in the car is vinyl (including the console). I used duplicolor vinyl and carpet paint and it works terrific. The paint goes on good and holds up very well.

Users who are viewing this thread