Need Info on bearing for D&D input shaft

sho95

Established Member
OK guys need your help
I bought a D&D input shaft figuring it would come the same as a liberty but it did not.
It is missing the bearing that meets with the casing. If i had of known this i would not have bought it and waited for the liberty.
Does anyone know where i can get the bearing or a part number for a bearing similar or can i reuse the stock one?
Ford wanted to charge me $700 for a whole complete tranny bearing kit... screw that...
thanks
James

Helomech74

Established Member
I got mine from Carquest. They can cross reference the bearing using the numbers on the bearing race that's in the front cover. I can't remember off hand what the bearing number was, but it was like 12 bucks. Just take the front cover off the trans, remove the input bearing race and take it with you. If that doesn't work, just call back D&D or Promotion and order one form them. Also, make sure that your new input has the bearing race on the back side of it too, inside the gear. When I got my original D&D input it didn't have the small race for the main shaft bearing on the back side either.

sho95

Established Member
Just what i thought. more downtime.
Does anyone have the webpage for D&D or contact info
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread