Need ideas/opinions with new Coyote engine / engine bay prep

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
Getting the 4.6 accessories onto the Coyote engine this weekend I have a few questions & need opinions ideas:
- I'll be putting fresh paint in the engine bay, stay with white or go black??
- With accessories off, should I powerdcoat/paint them?? I want clean accessories, but it's hard to do with ones which have been on the car for almost 20 years
- Any other powdercoating or hydrodipping?? I plan to hydrodip the valve covers & 5.0 instake cover, just not sure what to do.

Looking for ideas. The idea of the Cobra will be a clean, track car which can make an impression at car shows.

98$vt

i love white girls
Established Member
I say do white. Looks cleaner, may be harder to keep clean but a black bay on a white car is like orange door jambs on a black car IMO.

Accessories, hydro dipping is absolutely beautiful and if I could have afforded it I think that's the best/most unique way to set your stuff apart. No one will ever be exactly the same.

I used VHT wrinkle on a lot of my stuff. For $9.99 a can the outcome is sick. But that's a budget thing lol

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Paint the bay white. I know some people think it has a classic look, but black bays in non-black, late-model cars is so half-ass in my opinion.

And if you have any desire to powdercoat/paint accessories, do it now. You'll never have them more accessible, they'll be easier to keep clean once powdercoated and it would sure stink to try to remove them later and scratch up your freshly painted engine bay.

Users who are viewing this thread